✧ anga_boba_tea

We interviewed Anga_Boba_Tea, the winner of Humor Category with their book 'Hell At First (And Last) Sight'

• • •

What inspired you to start writing?──────

Ever since I was a young child, I've loved reading and writing. Over time, I've realized how books have inspired me throughout life, and how important they are to me. Writing is a therapeutic outlet for me as well as a way for me to (possibly) make a difference in someone's life, even if it's just a couple of laughs.

What time of the day do you usually write, and why that time?──────

I usually write for two hours at the end of the day (starting around 8 or 9 pm) on the weekdays. On the weekends, I usually write sporadically throughout the afternoon. However, I think that you shouldn't force yourself to write. If I have a strike of inspiration, I'll just start writing no matter the time.

Do you have a favourite character that you have written? If so, who? And what makes them so special?──────

My favorite character I've ever written is probably Melissa Delinsky from my book "Aspiring Secrets" because she feels a lot more relatable and similar to myself. She was a ton of fun to write!

Who has been the biggest supporter of your writing?────── 

The biggest supporter of my writing is probably my dad and my friend Amanda. They both comment on my work, as well as encourage me to keep going.

What famous author do you wish would be your mentor?──────

A famous author I would want as a mentor would be Marissa Meyer or Rick Riordan. Both are very kind, diverse, and talented writers that I feel would teach me well while not constantly putting me down.

As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal, and why?──────

My spirit animal as a writer would have to be llama :) They persevere, funny creatures, and a bit grumpy. (I feel like that describes my attitude towards writing)

Do you think someone could be a writer if they don’t feel emotions strongly?──────

I think someone can be a writer if they do not feel emotions strongly, but I think it would be a lot harder. I definitely know that I'm an emotional person, but I also know A TON of good writers (a.k.a my friends) who don't feel emotions as strongly.

Name an underappreciated book that you love─────

All Adam Silvera books (I've read them all, and they're all AMAZING) and the All For the Game trilogy (which are like dark YA contemporary, which sounds weird but is really good).

Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers about?─────

am always working on projects, and am very bad at focusing on one thing for a long time because I constantly get all these random ideas that infiltrate my mind and distract me. Right now, I'm trying to focus on deeper worlds with a more fantasy base because fantasy is my favorite genre.

Finally, how do you celebrate when you finish your book?─────

When I finish a book, I often celebrate by screaming a lot and eating as many sweets as my parents will allow.

• • •

Thank you very much for your time!