✧ minimoxx

MiniMoxx
Winning Book : Fragmented Lies
Genre Won : General Fiction
Actual Genre : NA / ChickLit

• • •

Hi, please tell us a bit about yourself and how you came to know about Wattpad.

I'm Alex, I'm 28 years old and I came to Wattpad from the old website Inkpop like 10 years ago now XD I took a large break but came back a couple of years ago now full time (sort of!)

What inspired the idea for your book?

Fragmented Lies came about from the idea that I wanted to write a sort of mystery/thriller but with a romantic twist on it. I'd just finished editing a book about childhood sweethearts so thought the twist on it from that, and it kind of just got away with me!

What does the title of your book mean? How does it relate to the story?

Fragmented Lies - it came to me randomly, but it was the idea that the lies my main character has been told from different aspects in her life, and the life she's living now becomes fragmented [broken] during the story

Is your main character someone you would get along with? Give your reason(s)

I think I would! She's very strong-willed and so am I - or my husband would call it stubbornness! :P She's also very in touch with her emotions, which I can be as well! She also loves books so... yeah XD

If you had the decision to rewrite any of your books, which one would it be and why?

Gosh, I've rewritten most of my books at some point. But I would rewrite my Prisoners of Love - something I plan on doing soon as I've finished one of my WIPs XD It's going to be a challenge but I can't wait to get back into that world.

What book genre is your favorite? Why?

It's got to be romance. I can't read a book if it hasn't got some sort of romance in it!

If you were to write a spin-off about a side character, which would you pick?

I'd probably write a spin-off about Seth, the prisoner in the story. What his thoughts on the events are and what he thinks! I find him an intriguing one!

Have you ever tried to write a novel for a genre you rarely or never read?

Yes! I've tried to write fantasy before. I got a good 15 chapters in but lost my motivation. Though I have read fantasy before, I rarely do these days. It's just too vast for me as a writer XD

Do you have any unpublished books or drafts on Wattpad? If yes, why haven't you published it? If no, does it mean you don't plan on writing any books again?

Yes! I unpublished some of my old YA work on here, and my fantasy book in the last answer. I wrote them years ago when my writing wasn't *great* so I just unpublished them. Though I'm proud to have finished or got a lot done, it wasn't up to my standard!

Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers?

I am! I'm working on 2 works. Fragmented Lies (the winner book here!) I put on pause for NaNoWriMo and I plan to pick it up now I've got my win! I'm also working on continuing my NaNoWriMo novel, Scorched by Desire. I'm loving both books, so I hope to finish them!

Share a photo – favourite place, favourite food, favourite animal, etc

I just really love penguins, so here are some cute ones! :P

F I N D •  T H E •  A U T H O R Instagram: @Mini_MoxxTikTok – @minimoxx

Instagram: @Mini_Moxx
TikTok – @minimoxx