✧ suvida777

SuVida777
Winning Book : VOMON PARADOX
Genre Won : Science Fiction
Actual Genre : Scifi Horror, Gothpunk, YA, Thriller

• • •

Hi, please tell us a bit about yourself and how you came to know about Wattpad.

I'm a lover of stories in all their forms--books, comics, manga, anime, video games, and more. I stumbled upon Wattpad back in 2011, though I came here just last year to upload my very first book, which was brewing in my mind over many years. As an artist and animator, storytelling isn't new to me, but until now, I've only written shorter works geared towards animation projects.

What inspired the idea for your book?

Vomon Paradox is a darker short story--different from my usual light-hearted style. We've often seen depictions of mindless zombies and monsters, but I wanted to explore thinking zombies or vomons in my story, in an actual organized society. This was how Nodrog, the zombie city came into being. It's inspired by Tokyo Ghoul and the YA sci-fi series Animorphs, which tackles themes of morality. My love for sci-fi and prison stories prompted me to create the O'Neil cylinder setting and prison break elements to make it a space adventure.

With the twist at the end, Vomon Paradox is pointing a magnifying glass at us humans, since it asks the question--are we so very different from the vomons in certain ways?

What does the title of your book mean? How does it relate to the story?

"Vomon Paradox" may be about Manda, a mysterious vomon who shows kindness towards a human, when vomons are viewed by humans as ruthless "zombies". On a deeper level, it may be referring to the paradoxical nature of vomons as a whole--a seemingly civilized society with a moral compass that inflicts suffering on humans, whom they deem nothing more than food. On a yet deeper level, the title alludes to the "meat paradox"--what psychologists call our paradoxical tendency to enjoy eating animals while not wanting to harm them.

Is your main character someone you would get along with? Give your reason(s)

Frizz is definitely someone I would get along with! She's a kid who's brave, tenacious, inventive, and she never gives up! I would really get along with Manda, the other major character in the story- she's not afraid to think outside the box, and she's kind.

If you had the decision to rewrite any of your books, which one would it be and why?

Currently, I only have one novel and a few short stories. I've put my heart, life, and soul into developing Komoreby—so I think I've achieved what I want with it. And Vomon Paradox is also exactly what I wanted it to be.

What book genre is your favorite? Why?

I read many genres, but science fiction is my favorite. What makes it so special is—it's like fantasy but within the realms of possibility. Time travel? Yes, that's possible. Don't believe me? My story, Komoreby has a time travel element, and you'd get to know exactly how you can travel in time.

If you were to write a spin-off about a side character, which would you pick?

I'd write a spin-off on Manda, the mysterious vomon girl.

Have you ever tried to write a novel for a genre you rarely or never read?

I understand that there's a certain element of selling when it comes to writing since we want our books to be read by the world. But to me, artistic expression is very important. I fashion my stories to explore themes and convey messages that I wish to. There's a shard of my soul in my work, so I won't be writing what I'm not passionate about.

Do you have any unpublished books or drafts on Wattpad? If yes, why haven't you published it? If no, does it mean you don't plan on writing any books again?

I do have an unpublished short story—it's a bizarre, satirical piece that takes place on an alien planet that I have to finish. I'm working on my other projects offline.

Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers?

At the moment, I'm writing the plot structure of the sequel to Komoreby! I'm also working on a fun retelling based on my winning entry to Rewind the Classics 2021 contest. Stagnating on the back burner for many years is a space adventure novel, which was originally a bigger project than Komoreby. Most exciting of all are my other plans for Komoreby! I will be creating art and animation to make it a multimedia franchise—with merch on Redbubble and Society. And there will be a fun spin-off story. All of this is going to happen at a snail pace since I have a workload bigger than the story's particle collider.

Share a photo – favourite place, favourite food, favourite animal, etc.

Here's No Time For Caution by Hans Zimmer (from the amazing Interstellar movie)!

• • •

F I N D • T H E • A U T H O R
Instagram - @KomorebySeries
Facebook - @KomorebySeries