✧ natashaili

NatashaIli
Winning Book : Spring in Hades
Genre Won : Romance
Actual Genre :

• • •

Hi, please tell us a bit about yourself and how you came to know about Wattpad.

Hi, my name's Natasha, and I'm an Interior Designer/Assistant Architect. But books have always been essential in my life. I came to know about Wattpad from my phase of desperately searching for Hades/Persephone stories to read.

What inspired the idea for your book?

I had a very rough year and while recovering from it, the idea just came to me one day. I've been wanting to write for the longest time but never thought I was good enough, and I didn't want to start on something that I might never finish. But my characters are adamant to be let out into the world. So I hibernated in my room for 2 months straight, did a hell lot of research, and worked out the plots and drafts to my story.

What does the title of your book mean? How does it relate to the story?

The title relates quite straightforwardly to my story. Not only that the King of the Underworld is known as Hades, but the Underworld itself too. So Persephone, being the Spring Goddess and being in the Underworld, is literally Spring in Hades. But the not-so-straightforward correlation between the title and the story is that Spring represents new beginnings, joy, and vitality. Persephone is a promise of all that; a promise of 'life' in the Land of the Dead, and also in Hades' heart.

Is your main character someone you would get along with? Give your reason(s)

I could definitely get along with Hades because I based his character on myself. I do give him a lot of his traits, but essentially I wrote myself in him. Some of his dialogues in the story are actual dialogues that I've said myself. In all honesty, I won't be friends with Persephone. I wrote her to be someone who I believe will be the best mate for Hades; and even though I based Hades on myself, Persephone won't be the same as a female friend for me. I shudder when I imagine that this little sunny ball of energy will be braiding my hair and suggest that we get matching BFFs tattoos together.

If you had the decision to rewrite any of your books, which one would it be and why?

I don't think I'd ever rewrite any of my books. I like to plan my plots thoroughly, It's something that I apply from being architecturally trained. As I do my drawings, the design will be revised until the building is built. It's an ever-evolving process. It's the same with my writing. I plan my plots as in detail as I can, but the storyline changes gradually from my plans when I first started writing it. Maybe if I hadn't applied the change while I was writing it, I would rewrite my story.

What book genre is your favorite? Why?

Romance is definitely my favourite genre. To escape real life and be swooned by the male protagonist is what I look for when I read. And the darker the romance, the better.

If you were to write a spin-off about a side character, which would you pick?

I have my sights set on writing a story for Thanatos and Hephaestus.

Have you ever tried to write a novel for a genre you rarely or never read?

No, because I wouldn't write about things that I do not know. It's not that I don't want to challenge myself, it's more that I hate to write ineffectively. It wouldn't be fair for people who will read the book.

Do you have any unpublished books or drafts on Wattpad? If yes, why haven't you published it? If no, does it mean you don't plan on writing any books again?

No, but that's because I write longhand before I type it on Wattpad.

Are you working on anything at the present you would like to share with your readers?

Other than Spring in Hades, I'm also working on His Little Spitfire, which is a mafia romance inspired by Sailor Mars x Jadeite love story. It may or may not be the first book to a series. Also, I'm looking into a sequel for Spring in Hades, which I hope to write about the heirs of Hades. And I'm currently researching a fairy tale romance that takes place in a fictional time and land that's reminiscent of pre-Norman conquest England that I hope will come to fruition one day.

Share a photo – favourite place, favourite food, favourite animal, etc.

The best thing about my country is the food!