Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight| Continued May 2019

*Articles  Filler Chapter *

The third Dementia Forum X at the Royal Palace of Stockholm

On May 15, 2019, Queen Silvia of Sweden, Princess Sofia of Sweden, Queen Sofia of Spain, Princess Adrienne of Wales and Princess Takamado of Japan attended the Dementia Forum X 2019 held at the Royal Palace of Stockholm. Dementia Forum X is a global initiative which was established to take action for dementia. A hundred of the world's leading business executives, policy-makers and other stakeholders get together for a day for various discussions. Dementia Forum X was organized for the first time in May 2015 under the patronage of Queen Silvia.

=

Everything We Know about Lady Gabriella Windsor's Royal Wedding

The big day is finally here!

Gabriella married Thomas on Saturday 18 May 2019 in what was surely the most glamorous society wedding of the spring. The ceremony took place at St George's Chapel in Windsor, a popular spot for such occasions, having also provided the backdrop for the weddings of Princess Eugenie and the Duke of Sussex in 2018. The Palace subsequently released some heartwarming official photographs from the celebrations, taken by Hugo Burnand.

The bride wore a stunning gown by Italian designer Luisa Beccaria, which featured a cream blush train with antique rose embroidery. The body was slim-fitting with a round-neckline and lace sleeves, while the train flared out dramatically. Gabriella's nine flower girls and page boys wore matching designs, also created by Luisa Beccaria.

She chose her grandmother's tiara - the Kent City of London Tiara - to wear on her big day, the same one borrowed by her mother Princess Michael of Kent for her wedding celebrations. It was a gift to Princess Marina of Greece, who became the Duchess of Kent, on her wedding day in 1934.

Guests included several members of the Royal Family, including the Queen, Prince Harry, Princess Adrienne, Prince Andrew, Princess Anne, and Sarah, Duchess of York. Others in attendance included Pippa Matthews, Carole and Michael Middleton, Nicky Haslam and Julian Fellowes.

The Queen has attended almost every Royal Wedding during her reign, and every one at Windsor, only missing the nuptials of Lady Gabriella's brother Frederick to Sophie Winkleman, which took place at Hampton Court Palace in 2009. She was present at Lady Gabriella's wedding, joined by her husband, Prince Philip.

=

Princess Adrienne in Yellow McQueen for Buckingham Palace Garden Party

Following a busy week of royal engagements and visits to the RHS Chelsea Flower Show, Princess Adrienne joined Her Majesty once again today for the second Buckingham Palace garden party of the season.

The summer brings an array of calendar staples from RHS Chelsea and garden parties, to Trooping, Order of the Garter, Ascot and polo.

Every summer, Her Majesty hosts three Garden Parties at Buckingham Palace, and one at the Palace of Holyroodhouse in Scotland. In a sign of the Queen reducing her commitments, Prince Charles hosted the first this year.

Over the course of each year, The Queen welcomes over 30,000 guests to spend a relaxed summer afternoon in the beautiful palace grounds.

Other royals in attendance included the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Earl, and the Countess of Wessex.

On Instagram, Princess Adrienne shared a very sweet photo of her meeting artist Yinka Shonibare. His work explores cultural identity and globalisation.

Princess Adrienne selected a bespoke soft yellow Open Necked Pleated Coat by Alexander McQueen and teamed it with a matching yellow hat.

The Princess accessorised with Diana's diamond earrings, we've seen them for a number of formal occasions.

And wore her Gianvito Rossi praline pumps.