Chapter Five

Chapter Five|February 2019

*WARNING ⚠️ There is Mention of Molestation & Eating Disorder*

"Your Majesty," I curtsy to my grandmother.

I looked at who was all in the room and saw my father, William, and Harry sitting with my grandfather, who seemed very sad.

I frowned.

"Adrienne, lovely to see you," The queen said.

I smiled at my grandmother.

I was inquisitive to know why my grandmother had called me to meet her in her drawing-room.

"Granny," I said, wanting her to get to the point.

"I assume you do not know why I called you here?" She asked me.

"I'm not quite sure what is going on," I answered.

"Some tell-all book is being written about you, and they have gotten their hands on your childhood diary and private photographs that are going to make headlines soon. We do not know how they got access to them these things. Do you have anything to say or have any information on the matter?" She asked me.

I stayed silent as I processed that private information from my childhood would be exposed for the whole world to see and read about when I haven't even shared some of the things that happened to me as a child with my family.

"Damn it, Adrienne, is there anything in your diary that you wouldn't want the public to know about?!" William shouted at me.

I put my head down and started crying.

"I'm more like my mother than anyone imagined, but... I was sexually abused as a child," I mumbled, and Harry immediately stood up, looking at me.

"What?" Harry asked, shocked.

"I was sexually abused as a child," I repeated.

"Who?" William growled.

"Who? He was the protection officer who was assigned to me when I was thirteen, but he doesn't matter," I explained.

"Of course, he matters. We have to find him and have him arrested for what he has done to you," My grandmother said.

"Why? Didn't you tell us or me? When did this happen? For how long? I'm sorry; I failed you," My father said as he pulled me into a tight hug.

"He's dead," I said.

"Did you have him killed?" My grandfather asked me with a wicked smile.

I shook my head no.

"He died from a heart attack when I was eighteen," I answered.

Harry gasped.

"No, him," Harry said.

I nodded, knowing that Harry had now realized the identity of my abuser.

"Your behavior. The signs were all there, and I didn't know. I'm so sorry, Adrienne, I was supposed to be your protector, and I didn't notice you needed protection," William said.

I shook my head.

"No one knew, it's no one's fault but mine for staying quiet for so long," I said.

"No, it's not your fault; don't you ever blame yourself again," My grandfather said.

"What do you want to do about the book? We can sue them and make sure the book never see the light of day," My grandmother said.

"Forget the book; we should be finding a way to get justice for Adrienne," William said softly, his sad eyes looking down, hiding the anger he felt inside.

I shook my head no.

"No, I got justice. He suffered a heart attack as I confronted him about what he did to me; I know this may sound cruel, but I'm glad he died in front of me," I said.

"Oh, Adrienne," My grandmother said.

"That's why you remained in therapy for so long; it wasn't just about the eating disorder like you said," My father said.

I nodded and sighed.

"Let the book be published but do not allow the author to make a penny off of it; make them donate all proceeds to charities," I said.

"Are you sure?" My father asked me.

"Yes, I'm sure," I answered.

"We will release a statement regarding this matter and allow the book to be published," My grandmother said.

"I want everyone to know that I have healed from everything that happened to me as a child; yes, I suffer from a few setbacks, but that is my problem to deal with and not anyone's fault for not noticing. I want to move on and be happy with my family, so please let's move on," I said.

William hugged me then Harry joined the hug.

"We will be better brothers to you, Adrienne," Harry said.

"Yes, we will," William agreed.

"Thank you," I said.