Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven|May 2019

"Come on, let me see the baby!" I pleaded as I walked into Harry and Meghan's house.

Harry chuckled.

"Adrienne, calm yourself," Harry said.

"I'm just so excited," I said.

"Yeah, I get why since you did miss a couple of births," Harry said.

"Adrienne, Did you come to see the baby?" Meghan asked happily.

I nodded.

"Of course, and I got you guys a gift that benefits all three of you," I answered as I handed Meghan the gift.

"Thank you so much," Meghan said as I followed her and Harry into the nursery.

Meghan lifted Archie from his crib and introduced me to her tiny bundle of joy.

I squealed.

"Oh, he has red hair," I said.

"Do you want to hold him?" Meghan asked me.

"Yes, of course," I answered.

"Have you ever held a baby before, Adrienne?" Harry asked protectively.

I rolled my eyes.

"I have held more babies than you, Harry," I replied.

Meghan handed the baby over to me.

"He's a wonderful baby," I cooed. "Itis nice to meet you, Archie," I said as I kissed the baby's forehead, and Archie gurgled.

"Yes, I told you," Meghan said to Harry.

"What?" I asked them.

Meghan smiled.

"Harry and I were discussing godparents for Archie, and we needed one more godmother for Archie, and I thought of you, but Harry thought you didn't like children, so he didn't want to ask you, but after seeing you with Archie, I hope his mind has changed," Meghan explained to me.

I looked at Harry.

"What made you think I didn't like children?" I asked him.

"You missed everything single one of William, Peter, and Zara's children's births, Adrienne, and you don't want to get married. I thought children were up there with marriage," Harry answered.

I scoffed.

"Okay, so I missed a couple of births, so did you when you were in the military, and I have nothing against children. I don't want to get married doesn't mean I won't have children," I said.

"You know granny or pa will ever allow you to have children out of wedlock, Adrienne," Harry said.

"I can't remember them having control of my uterus," I said.

"Okay, before you two get in an argument, Adrienne, would you do us the honor of being one of Archie's godmothers?" Meghan asked me.

I smiled.

"Of course," I answered.

=

"Sofia," I said as I walked into the living room.

Sofia stood up, and I walked over to her and hugged her.

"Oh, it's so lovely to see you," I said.

"It would be more lovely to see you are living here full time again," Sofia said as we both took seats on the couch.

"That's not happening; I'm a full-time working princess now, so I'll have to keep splitting my time between here and the United Kingdom," I said.