Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine|June 2019

Adrienne had skipped the carriage procession for the trooping of the colour. Instead, she had taken George, Charlotte, Louis, and Archie into Buckingham Palace to keep them occupied as their parents participated.

Meghan made a spectacular return to the spotlight after welcoming their first child, Archie, who Adrienne was so smitten over that she was the unofficial nanny for the couple.

Adrienne and the children watched the television as the procession began.

"Look, mummy!" Charlotte squealed as they watched Catherine smiling at the crowd.

Archie was gurgling as Adrienne bounced him on her thigh.

"So pretty," George said.

Louis kept pointing and giggling.

Then the Queen appeared on the screen. The Queen traveled down The Mall from Buckingham Palace in the Scottish State Coach.

Then the camera moved to The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge, The Duke of York, and The Princess Royal, who rode out as Royal Colonels of various regiments.

Then the camera moves to the guards.

The Colour of the 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards Grenadier Guards were "trooped" at the Parade.

The colours (flags) of the battalion are carried (or trooped) down the ranks.

Trooping the Colour originally ensured that soldiers recognised their battalion's colour during battle.

Then once, all the carriages passed into the palace. I quickly stood up and made sure the children and I were presentable before handing Archie to his nanny as my brothers, and their wives walked into the room with the rest of the family to walk onto the balcony.

"Adrienne, thank you for watching the children for us," William said.

"No, problem," I said.

The event ends with a traditional moment when The Queen and Members of The Royal Family walk onto the balcony of Buckingham Palace to watch a flypast by The Royal Air Force and The Red Arrows.

I looked off to the side and watched as my brother and cousins were with their spouse aside from Beatrice and felt a little envious that I didn't have Elias by my side.

Beatrice leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"I know how you feel," She said.

I smiled at her.

And just like that seeing how my family was altogether made me realize that I had to make things work with Elias, which meant I had to accept that making things official wouldn't ruin my life.

"We both will be married by next year," I whispered to her.

She held out her pinky finger, and we pinky promised to be married women in 2020.