Chapter Six

Chapter Six|March & April 2019

*Articles  Filler Chapter *

Princess Adrienne in Purple Midi Dress for Prince of Wales 50th Anniversary Reception

Princess Adrienne joined the Queen and other royals at Buckingham Palace today for a reception marking the 50th anniversary of the investiture of the Prince of Wales.

The event marked the perfect occasion to celebrate the milestone with Her Majesty, Camilla, Prince William and Catherine, Prince Harry and Meghan, Princess Adrienne and Princess Anne. Princess Margaret's children the Earl of Snowdon and Lady Sarah Chatto were also present. The reception marked Charles' decades of service to the UK and Commonwealth and an an opportunity to celebrate with a range of Welsh charities, organisations and businesses.

Prince Charles was created Prince of Wales aged 9 on July 26th 1958 and was formally invested with the title by the Queen on July 1st 1969 at Caernarfon Castle. Before the Investiture, Charles spent a term at the University College of Wales at Aberystwyth, learning to speak Welsh.

During the Investiture ceremony, after Prince Charles had the coronet and robes placed on him, he pledged his allegiance to The Queen with the words: 'I, Charles, Prince of Wales do become your liege man of life and limb'.

In 2017, Charles became the longest serving Prince of Wales in history.

Guests included leading figures in Welsh and UK public life, as well as representatives from the Prince of Wales's many Welsh charities and patronages, including The Prince's Trust Cymru, Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod and the BBC National Orchestra & Chorus of Wales.

The royals viewed investiture regalia worn by the Prince of Wales in 1969.

Items included the Investiture Coronet, Sword, Ring and Rod, as well as the Letters Patent for the creation of Charles, Duke of Cornwall as Prince of Wales in 1958.

The reception culminated with a musical performance in the Ballroom by students from the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, of which Charles is patron. Below, a video from the event.

=

Princess Adrienne with the Royal Family Mark 70th Modern Commonwealth Anniversary at Annual Service

Princess Adrienne attended the Commonwealth Day service at Westminster Abbey this afternoon.

The Princess joined the Queen, the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex and the Duke of York.

The annual event is considered the highlight of the Commonwealth year, offering an opportunity to reflect on the ties that bind member nations together and to look to future hopes and plans.

Commonwealth Day has a special significance this year, as 2019 marks the 70th anniversary of the modern Commonwealth, with old ties and new links enabling cooperation towards social, political and economic development which is both inclusive and sustainable.

As the royals awaited the arrival of Her Majesty, Adrienne greeted William, Catherine, Harry, and Meghan with a kiss.

The young royals talking before the procession.

Adrienne and Meghan enjoyed a long chat.

Guests of honour among the 2,000 strong congregation inlcuded the Prime Minister Theresa May, the Commonwealth Secretary-General, The Rt Hon Patricia Scotland QC, alongside High Commissioners, Ambassadors and dignitaries, senior politicians from across the UK and Commonwealth, faith leaders and over 800 school children and young people. The service commenced with a procession of Commonwealth Flags.