Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven|June 2020

*Articles Filler Chapter *

Wedding of Prince Elias and Princess Adrienne

The wedding of Prince Elias, Duke of Småland, and Princess Adrienne took place on 20 June 2020 at Slottskyrkan, Stockholm.

On 17 May, the banns were read in the Royal Chapel of Stockholm Palace. On the same day the court announced that after the wedding, Princess Adrienne would be styled as Her Royal Highness Princess Adrienne of Sweden and United Kingdom, Duchess of Småland.

The wedding took place on Saturday 20 June at 16:30 in the Royal Chapel of Stockholm Palace. It was the seventh royal wedding held in the Slottskyrkan.

The ceremony was conducted by the Right Reverend Lars-Göran Lönnermark, Bishop Emeritus and Chief Court Chaplain, and the Reverend Michael Bjerkhagen, Court Chaplain and Rector of the Royal Court Parish.

The prince's brother Prince Carl Philip served as his best man. The princess' cousin Princess Beatrice, Mrs Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi served as her maid of honour. The Prince's niece Princess Estelle, Princess Leonore, Princess Adrienne, Adrienne's niece, Princess Charlotte, Peter Philips, and Zara Tindall's daughters, and Princess Adrienne's goddaughter Princess Athena served as bridesmaids.

Princess Adrienne was escorted halfway down the aisle by her father, The Prince of Wales. She and Prince Elias walked together for the other half.

After the wedding, the bride and groom rode a horse and carriage, leading a cortège from Stockholm Palace along its outer courtyard, through the streets of Slottsbacken, Skeppsbron, Slottskajen, Norrbro, Regeringsgatan, Hamngatan, Nybroplan, Nybrokajen, Hovslagargatan, Södra Blasieholmshamnen, Strömbron and finally arriving at the Logården of the Royal Palace.

The Armed Forces paraded along the procession route, and after arriving at Logården, they gave the couple a 21-gun salute.

On the balcony of the palace, Prince Elias gave a short speech to the assembled crowd of well-wishers, asserting that "Sweden is a warm country." The King then "led the crowd in a traditional Swedish 'four cheers' for the couple."

After the wedding the bridal bouquet was shipped and placed on the Tomb of the Unknown Warrior at Westminster Abbey, following royal tradition that began with the Queen Mother.

The festivities continued with dinner in the White Sea Ballroom of Stockholm Palace and dancing in Karl XI's Gallery. At the wedding banquet, King Carl Gustaf welcomed guests and toasted the couple.

Queen Elizabeth and The Prince of Wales also gave speeches.

=

Sweden's Royal Wedding This Weekend is a Triumph of Love

Sweden's Prince Elias has married Princess Adrienne in a lavish ceremony in the chapel at Stockholm's Royal Palace.

Thousands of well-wishers lined the streets for the event, with polls suggesting the Swedish royal family's popularity is growing with the new addition of Princess Adrienne to the royal family.

After their marriage, the couple took to a horse-drawn carriage to parade through the cobbled streets of Stockholm's old town, waving to crowds in the hot summer sun, before returning to the palace for a 21-gun salute and wedding banquet.

About 1000 guests attended the ceremony, many of them royals, including Queen Elizabeth, Prince Philip, and Princess Takamado of Japan.

A band played a version of the Conversations in the Dark by John Legend in the royal chapel, and the newly weds were then serenaded by a man singing a Swedish version of the song Anything For You by
Ledisi.

The pair reportedly first met at a wedding in 2010, with news of their relationship being revealed years later.

On Friday evening, more than 200 wedding guests attended a dinner in honour of the couple on the island of Skeppsholmen.

Prince Elias is seventh in line to the Swedish throne, while Princess Adrienne is eighth in line to the British throne.

=

Princess Adrienne and Prince Elias's Honeymoon Destination Might Be the Place They First Met

The royal couple met in the most romantic way.

Three weeks after the biggest royal wedding of the year, it's natural to wonder where the royal couple went on their honeymoon.

While Princess Adrienne's honeymoon destination was kept under wraps, many reported that the royal couple went to Canada and stayed with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex after their wedding.

That has since been confirmed to be false.

They'd been together for nine years when Elis proposed, and in their engagement video, Adrienne described the perfect setting in Sweden.

Perhaps they returned to one of the key locations of their romance for their honeymoon?

Could the couple have been scouting out the idyllic location ahead of their honeymoon, or did they opt for somewhere more remote? For now, the speculation continues.

=

Prince Elias of Sweden, Duke of Småland (Elias Hubertus Julian Olof; born 10 June 1982), is the second son and the third of four children of King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia. He is the older twin brother of Princess Madeleine. As of 2020, Prince Elias is seventh in the line of succession.

Princess Adrienne of Sweden and the United Kingdom, Duchess of Småland (Adrienne Elizabeth Diana Thyra; born 23 January 1986), is the only daughter and youngest child of The Prince of Wales and Diana, Princess of Wales. Upon her birth, Adrienne was fourth in line of succession to the British throne, currently, Adrienne is eighth.