Fitting In

It was a bright sunny day in Pteranodon Terrace and nearby was a massive reef with many fish but there was one here that was more dominant than most of the fish in the area.

Even though it mostly feasts on stingrays, the great hammerhead shark is still a formidable creature, it's size is massive compared to other members of it's kind and their heads are equipped with electrical receptors used to track down prey.

One of the hammerheads moves closer to the shore, it's trying to find any rays that could be planted under the sand since they do in fact have a habit of doing that to avoid predators since their skin blends in with the sand.

The shark glides through the waters trying to locate at least one ray, it's seen lots of them here before and it's why it keeps coming back here whenever it tries to hunt for rays.

Then it senses one, it can see it over in the sand and as it expected it was perfectly planted under it, even if it was a shark it still needed to use caution when dealing with something like this animal.

One wrong move and it's going to be pierced by the ray's tail and if that wasn't bad enough it also has a poisonous thorn connected to the tail that would kill even a great white if it was unlucky enough to get stung by one of these.

The shark slowly approached the ray and as it did, it started to swim downwards so it can get a good grip on the ray's head once it starts biting down, the problem with hammerheads is the fact that their mouths are positioned way lower than most sharks which is why they prefer to eat things that are planted in the ground.

The strange thing about the ray was the fact that it wasn't moving, it's eyes were above the sand and it would have probably fled by now, the shark has never seen a ray that didn't flee as soon as it spotted a shark so it wondered why this one didn't despite the fact that it could see the shark very clearly.

Maybe it was dead, if it was alive it would've swam away the moment the shark arrived or at least could have done something to prevent the shark from getting closer, if it truly was dead then this'll be easier since it basically doesn't need to do anything but watch out for the thorn while eating.

Since the ray was possibly dead, the shark swam over to it faster but as soon as it was about to take a bite out of the ray, a massive orange mouth came down to bite the shark.

The mouth had teeth way bigger than a great white shark, and when it bit down on the hammerhead, the shark immediately started shaking to try and escape the grasp of this creature but it was simply not letting go no matter what the shark tried.

The shark was then lifted upwards and when it got lifted out of the water it then finally confirmed the identity of it's attacker.

A orange lizard like creature with two small arms with two claws, two muscular legs with three toes, a long tail, blue stripes, and emerald green eyes.

It was none other than Buddy, he had set a trap for the hammerhead by using a stingray corpse that washed to shore just a few minutes ago.

Buddy then started thrashing around as he had finally finished off the hammerhead and after that he walked back to the beach and laid the hammerhead down on the sand.

Buddy then shook his body to get all the water off of him, his family along with Connie were on the beach as they watched him lure in the hammerhead.

"Was that really necessary?" Tiny asked.

"You guys did say you wanted something big to eat and I couldn't find a tuna nearby, and I'm not sure if that stingray was safe to eat either." Buddy replied.

"Look at the size of this thing! It must be 20 feet long, it's probably the biggest thing Buddy has caught up to this point." Mr. Pteranodon said as he was impressed that his son was able to bring in something this large.