Race Cars and Cat fights

The car above belongs to Aris Reid. Song goes at the end of this chapter.

"Did we win?" I ask Chase excitedly.

He doesn't answer, his expression looks agitated. I guess we didn't.

We park at the finish line along with the other racers. They start to surround a screen off the side of the road. Chase gets out, walks around to my side, opening the door. I hesitate but follow him out to join the crowd at the screen.

We watch a replay of what happened. Even though it seemed the silver car was neck and neck with us, she beat Chase by a whole bumper. Damn

Chase is obviously a sore loser because he's dead quiet. The woman who beat him looks at us. She's tall and skinny wearing a long black dress and smoking a 100 (long cigarette). Shes much older than me, likely in her mid 40s but she still looks like a model.

*Tsk* "awe come Chase, don't pout. Its pathetic. Have your fat sow nurse your ego so I can shatter it again." she laughs after looking at me with sass in her voice.

God shes annoying. She has some sort of accent. Almost Russian but even sassier. Did she seriously call me a sow?

Chase rolls his eyes and crosses his arms, ready to talk back to her.

"Hah. Damn. I sure am luckily if I'm only a pig compared to you. Are you malnourished or just so old your kidneys broke down?" I scoff back before Chase could speak.

He snorts with laughter and immediately covers his mouth, trying to hide it. The woman glares daggers at me and walks closer. Shes nearly a head taller than me and towers over me like a dark omen. I puff my chest and glare back. I could snap this woman like a twig.

"Control your toy, Chase." She ignores me.

"Are you deaf too old hag? I'm talking to you, not him" I blurt out. Finally she looks at me, rage in her eyes but her voice is calm.

"Listen little pig. You can oink all you want but I am having talk with your master, so why not stuff your fat face where it belongs?" She hisses at me.

Gesturing for me to get back into the hellcat. Oh this bitch is looking for a cat fight. And who's she calling master?

I smile innocently. "You see, I would but by miracle the sudden odor of rotting clams has made me lose my appetite," I hold my nose and look down at her waist and back up, "so if you'd be so kind to stay at least 10 feet from me, I'd appreciate it."

Her eyes widen and her nose flares for a second. She scoffs.

"You'll regret opening your fat mouth, piglet!" She barks, walking away. She zooms off bitterly in her car.

I smile back. Chase was happily enjoying this cat fight and I realize so is everyone else around us. The other racers and even the tech crew. They must all hate that bitch as much as me. Good.

"Damn. I knew you were feisty but I've never seen you like that before" he grins.

"Trust me, that's not even the tip of the iceberg" I smirk back.

He leans down to whisper in my ear. His voice grows sinister.
"As much as I appreciate it, let me deal with her. You're in no position to open your mouth, as sexy as it is."
And he stands back up, smiling again.

What does he mean no position to open my mouth? This is America dumbass, I have freedom of speech. And I didn't say it to defend him...

Did I?

I try to argue but I'm interrupted as he introduces me to the others. The other racers names were Terra and Aris. Terra (the green car racer) has short brown hair and dark skin, she's definitely a Letty Ortiz wannabe, with the same attitude and everything. Aris on the other hand is a charming, black, playboy with a strong sense of style and a stunning smile. Then there's the flagger, Lizana. She's curvy like me but taller and more hourglass shaped. Like she was meant to be a flagger with her dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. And finally Drew. Chases best friend. The tech guy. I'm surprised to find Chase's closest friend to be a nerd. He's a ginger and seems too responsible to be part of this group. He's even a little shy. They compliment me on telling Sonia, the silver car racer, off.

"That twat is so full of herself, I love seeing her confidence pop like a balloon." Terra comments.

"Coming from the bump" Chase teases but his body shows he's still moaping.

"Don't worry sweetheart, I'll let cha ride with me next time" Aris winks at her as she fake gags at him.

They all seem to get along pretty well. It makes me wish I had a close group of friends like this. Friends who can be themselves around each other. Not like Char who gets scared everytime I-

Shit.

Char. I left her at the party. I know she's got Griffin with her, but this time he was drunk too. I've gotta go back and check on her.

I grab Chase's arm and drag him back to the Hellcat.

"Whoa, slow down Maeve. Atleast let me buy you dinner first" he laughs. I ignore the feeling I get when I hear him say my name. "And then should we end the night at my place or yours?" He winks playfully. Lust filling his eyes.

"Jace's." I answer.

His face changes from lust to something else. Annoyance maybe?

"The fuck did I tell you about staying away from O'Connor?" He blurts back.

"Chars at that party still and I need to check on her so get in the car!" I yell at him.

I'm starting to get frustrated with how possessive this guy is. Chase hesitates and finally shrugs as he waves goodbye to his friends. He looks tired and defeated. Me too buddy.

We drive back to the frat party, mostly in silence despite the radio playing leave out all the rest by Lincoln Park. Kinda ironic with how dangerous everything we just did was. And finally we arrive.