Let's Ride, Princess

Fuck.

He swerves right, down an exit going almost 80. I hear the tires skid and I slam against my door. Instantly I buckle up and grab the 'oh shit' handle, hoping I'll survive this. I want to protest but I can't unclench my teeth right now. I risk looking away from the road to see Chase smiling like this is a casual Wednesday night.

He straightens out and speeds up. If we survive this shit, we're definitely going to prison.

I notice the further we go down this road, the less lights there are and eventually it's dark.

And it now occurs to me that I'm locked in a car with a manic stalker that everyone told me was dangerous. Holy fuck, I think I just got kidnapped. As I snap into reality, I gasp loudly, realizing I was holding my breath.

"Uh...Chase?" I manage to whimper out

"You'll be home safe and sound by the end of the night, relax." He says reassuringly. Did he know what I was thinking?

"W-where-"

"Shut up and enjoy the ride babygirl" he interrupts calmly with a smile, still watching the road.

I turn my head to the road as well and then I see lights. Not car lights but reflective lights, like a reflective jacket.

Then I see them. Three other cars, lined up with a space between two of them and several people standing on the outskirts of the road. From left to right, there's a silver one, a green one, a space and a purple one. There's two flaggers in reflective jackets between the end spaces. My mouth forms an O as I look back at Chase who's slowing down now.

"Better be careful princess, you almost made us late" he says with a smirk and I know exactly what we're here for now. The music blasts from huge speakers inside a truck parked on the sideline.

Chase lines up the hellcat with the other three cars. They're separated by chalk on the road. This is a street race.

"You'll be faster without the extra weight" I persuade, trying to open the door.

"That's fine. I like a challenge anyway." He responds. The smirk never leaving his face.

The other three cars started their engines as we pulled in and are now drawing burn outs into the pavement. Chase pulls the e-brake and does the same, pushing the accelerator and RPMs to the limit. Smoke gathers behind us and I can smell the burning rubber as the flaggers hold up their flags...

And swing them down.

Chase shoots the e-brake down again and we bolt off. I hear the other cars screech to accelerate and do the same.

The car squirrels as we struggle for traction. As soon as the tires grab, I feel a pull in my stomach as I'm pinned against my seat. Out my window I see the green car in the mirror behind us, but the silver car in the next lane over is keeping up. I look at Chase, his expression is more serious when he notices the silver car. I see the flaggers at the other end approaching.

Then he kicks in the nitrous. I hear the whine of the turbo as we speed up.

I gasp out with a laugh when I see us pull ahead of the silver car but Chase still looks sinister. I look back out the window when I hear the silver cars nitrous kick in too, and they pull up to our level. Damn, I can't even tell who's winning now.

The flags go up

I squeeze my hand on the 'oh shit' handle'

The flags swoosh down

And we zoom past them. I close my eyes, waiting for Chase to hit the brake but he doesn't. I force my eyes back open and although we've only slowed down to 90, he's looking at me.

"What the hell are you looking at?! Watch the road!" I yell at him, pointing at the windshield.

"Sure thing princess" He winks at me and looks back. He swerves around while pulling the e-brake again, making donuts. Chase let's off, and then we pass the silver car on the way back.

I look through it's now open window. To my surprise the driver is female. She has long black hair flying in the wind under her helmet. Good, atleast someone in the race was smart enough to wear one.

And then we stop as we reach the finish line again.