Chapter 2 - Enter S.W.O.R.D.

Inko had started to worry. It was getting late and Izuku wasn't home yet. He had left to go play with his 'friends' at the park. And she used the term friends loosely. She knew all about how he was treated by these so-called friends. She was his mother. She knew of all the used bandages that Izuku had stashed away in a drawer in his room.

She had tried to help him so many times but every time he came home, he would either enter while she was busy, sneaking past her and to his room. She knew that he had learnt basic first aid from the internet, it was one of the many reasons why she kept the first aid kit in the bottom shelf of the bathroom instead of a higher one.

She also knew of the times he had cried himself to sleep but there was nothing she could do, every time she tried to help him, he'd shrug her away or pretend to be asleep or busy with some work. There was nothing she could do to help him achieve his dream of being a hero. She knew the reality, he was a normal child in a world of superpowers, but she did her best to keep him happy, she would buy him all the All Might figurines he wanted, she even worked two jobs a day just to keep the house running.

She also knew of the way he was treated in school and had brought it up in multiple parent-teacher meetings, but nothing ever came out of those. The teachers would stay vigilant for a few hours, or in the best-case scenario, they'd deliver a short lecture on the proper treatment of peers to the classes. After a point, she'd given up on the management. There were times she wished they had more money so she could send Izuku to a private school away from all the bullies and quirkiest asses of Aldera, but even with two jobs, there was only so much she could do.

But today was different, today she was truly scared for her child. It was Tuesday, and that meant it was the day when he got to watch hero interviews on Present Mic's show and that was something he never missed not even when he had exams going. It was always Izuku with his notebook sitting at the coffee table, writing down god knows what while watching the interviews. But today, when the show started and Izuku wasn't even back, Inko was scared.

She was about to call her friend Mitsuki and ask her if her son was back yet when the doorbell rang. Inko rushes to answer the door, hoping it was Izuku. She opens the creaky door to see a man dressed in all black, wearing green-tinted goggles.

"Are you Inko Midoriya?" The man asks.

"Uhm...yes." Inko answers.

"Ma'am I'm from S.W.O.R.D., your son is Izuku Midoriya right?" The man asks.

"Y-Yeah... Do you know where he is?" Inko asks worriedly.

"He is currently undergoing treatment at S.W.O.R.D.'s off-world Head Quarters." He answers.

"W-wait what do you mean off-world?" Inko asks.

The man ignores the question, looking around to see any bystanders before he continues. "Ma'am I've been tasked to take you to our facility, our leader would like to talk to you." He says. "I request you to kindly shut off the facilities in your house and lock the door so we can leave."

"Hell no, I'm not leaving unless you answer my question!" Inko exclaims.

"Ma'am, all your questions will be answered by our leader, drop the knives that you are wielding with your quirk so we can leave. Besides, if we wanted you dead, we could have killed you ten times over before you even opened the door. So please, do as you're asked." The man orders.

"Al-alright." Inko says, walking inside. A few minutes later, she comes out having switched off the appliances and storing away the cooked food in the fridge for later. She locks the door and puts the key in her small handbag. "Now what?"

"Now you do your best to keep your food inside." The man says as he pulls out a phone and makes a call. "Sir, requesting for teleportation for myself and civilian Inko Midoriya to HQ." Just as he cuts the call the two are teleported to a bright white room.

"What the fuck was that!!!" Inko exclaims as she falls to her knees clutching her stomach in pain. "I think I'm going to vomit." She warns as a bucket appears in front of her.

While Inko is busy vomiting into the bucket, the man from earlier hands her a pair of green-tinted glasses similar to his. "Wear these so you can see where you're going." He tells her.

Inko puts on the glasses, and the white room suddenly comes to life as Inko sees people walking here and there with tablets in their hands, talking into their earpieces.

"So, this is the Head-Quarters of S.W.O.R.D.?" Inko asks.

"That it is." A new voice says as a woman wearing a green and black suit and sporting short hair. The man that brought Inko to the base immediately stiffens, performing a quick salute to the lady before making his way to his station.

"Welcome to Peak, our off-planet base and one of a kind facility. I'm Abigail Brand, but you can call me Abigail. I'm also the one in charge here." The woman greets Inko. "Now I know you might have a lot of questions and I will answer all of them soon, but you should first see your son. One of our agents, who was tasked to watch over Izuku, found him beaten and bruised in the park. While S.W.O.R.D. follows a strict policy of non-intervention when it comes to our subjects and their personal lives, we made an exception for his case since it was imperative for his survival. Besides, we were going to reach out to you in a few years regardless."

Inko just followed the woman, listening to her as they walked, unable to respond as she processed the information. Her priority was ensuring Izuku was safe, this whole ordeal with him being called 'subject' and them being watched by this organisation could be dealt with later.

"Izuku is currently being treated for first degree burns and a few bruises. Our agent reported that he was being beaten by three kids around his age for defending someone else." Abigail explains. "One of the kids, an ash blonde boy, had an explosion type quirk and seemed the be the leader of the three. The other two, one with a mutation that gave him wings and the other with a quirk that our agent couldn't quite make out held Izuku in place while their so-called leader beat him up."

"Further investigation into the 3 boys revealed-" At this point, Inko cuts Abigail off having heard enough from her.

"The boys are from Izuku's school. Katsuki Bakugou, Gomu Nobasu and Tsubasa Tobu." Inko answers. "They're some of the kids that Izuku likes to call his friends, though I know he lies about it to keep me happy."

"Hmmm.... Izuku's in there." Abigail says pointing to the other side of a glass where men in white scrubs are working on healing Izuku. "They're the best doctors in the world, so he's in good hands." Abigail reassures. "Once they're done, Izuku will be up and about in an hour which gives us plenty of time to discuss some important things. I'd like you to follow me to my cabin please." She says as she starts to walk once again. They walk in silence as they reach Abigail's office.

"Please have a seat and some water if you want." Abigail says pushing a coaster towards Inko. Inko takes a sip of the water before she looks at Abigail, waiting to ask questions. "You can ask your questions now."