Chapter 29 - Heart To Heart

10 minutes later, Izuku's room in the SWORD base.

Izuku sat on his bed, going through some reports while sipping a cup of coffee when there was a knock on his door.

"It's open." Izuku says, not looking up from the reports.

"You really need to learn to treat a girl when they come to your room or house Izuku." Izuku hears Ochako's voice tell him.

"Right... sorry. I was reading a report and thought it was some agent." Izuku responds as he gets up.

"Sit. We might have some shit to sort out, but we're friends before all of that. I only made that comment as a joke." Ochako tells Izuku, a smile on her face as she sat on Izuku's bed. "So what were you reading."

"Mission reports from Ex and Spectre." Izuku answers.

"They're back?" Ochako asks him.

"Yeah. Apparently everyone's back. Ex, Nova, Spectre, A Force, all of are on the ship." Izuku answers. "So, where do you want to start?"

"This isn't a mission Izuku. You always treat everything like a mission." Ochako tells him.

"What's wrong in being mission oriented?" Izuku asks her.

"The problem isn't with you being mission oriented. You just... you leave everything else aside. You've left everything else. All you think about are missions. All you talk about are missions and strategies."

"What do you want me to talk about then?" Izuku asks her. "Emotions?" He scoffs. "We both know that I'm not good with those."

"Yes, because you actively suppressed them for 10 years!" Ochako shouts. "You've broken off contact with your mother! What kind of a monster does that!"

"One that cares about the safety of his mother!" Izuku tells her, raising his voice a little.

"So, the rest of us don't care about our parents then? Is that what you're trying to say?"

"That's... that's not what I meant." Izuku tells her. "You know that's not what I meant."

"No that's what it sounds like. You suppress your emotions so much that you don't see things right in front of you!" Ochako tells him.

"What does that mean now?" Izuku asks her.

"Oh sure. Act as if you don't know what I'm talking about." Ochako tells him.

"If you're talking about our little situation or whatever you want to call it, I've told you before. We've been over this." Izuku tells her. "I'm no good for you Ochako! I mean look at us, we're fighting over basically nothing now! You deserve the world. And I can't give you the world. Not now not ever. Besides, given the situation, I don't even think I'd live to see next year."

"Wh- what do you mean?" Ochako stutters out, shocked at Izuku's statement.

"All For One and Tenko. We both know where that fight will lead. And I'm not letting you guys die." Izuku tells her.

"So what? You're just going to sacrifice yourself?"

"I never said that. But the chances are always there. And believe me when I say that I'd rather it be me that dies than anyone of you guys."

"Why are you like this? Always putting yourself in harm's way for us." Ochako says, hugging Izuku. "You did this during the Berlin Mission too. You leapt into laser fire to protect Fumi after he got shot. How many times did you get shot that day? 4... 5 times right?"

"7 actually." Izuku answers, smiling in fond memory of the mission. "And I'd do it again if we were ever in that situation."

"Do you never think of what we go through when you do such bullshit?" Ochako asks him. Izuku stays silent. "You don't even think about us when you leap in to save other?"