Chapter 17 - Nomu go Poof

"That was weak you know." Izuku tells the blue-haired man child. "Weaker than I expected, at least from the records we have. So is the cry baby going to fight me now?"

"I will, but I'd like to level the playing field before I do. 2 on 2 doesn't feel fair for me though I'm sure you can fight just as well in a 2v1 right?" Tomura says as the Nomu appears behind Izuku, stabbing Izuku through his left shoulder, snapping his clavicle, scapula and his pectoralis minor.

Izuku's eyes widen in pain as his left arm, all of it, falls to the ground limp. Izuku jumps away from the beast, as he presses on his pectoral muscles trying to stop the blood from flowing.

"Smart. Stopping the bleeding that way." Tomura says.

At the entrance, everyone stood in shock as they all just saw one of their classmates lose an arm while fighting something twice as large as him.

"IZUKU!!!" everyone screams.

"Sheesh, pipe it down will ya!" Ochako shouts back. "He'll be fine. A lost arm isn't the end of the world. As long as he's alive to fight, that's what matters."

"How can you be so cold? He's your freaking friend!!" Mina shouts at the girl.

"And?" Denki asks. "I'm sorry but unlike you all, we're not here to have fun. We've seen the horrors of the world first hand and a severed hand is the least of our worries. A lost human limb can always be replaced with prosthetics."

"That still doesn't mean that you'll be so cold!!" Momo says, backing up Mina.

Fumi scoffs. "If you think this was cold, you're in for a blizzard if you meet her."

"I know right. Besides, I'd bet my entire pay that in 3 days, Izuku will be back on his feet and will still be able to kick your asses without his left arm." Denki says with a smile.

"Aizawa'd agree that for a hero it's important that they live to fight another day and do whatever they can to ensure that, even if it means voluntarily severing a limb for survival." Ochako says.

"While I can understand where you all come from," Aizawa tells Mina and Momo. "I have to agree with them here, at times, sacrificing something like your arm to ensure survival or victory is important for a hero or a soldier for a matter." He says turning to the 3 in front of him.

Mina tries to protest against this but gets interrupted by the screams of the Nomu.

Minutes ago

Izuku grabs Muramasa off the ground with his right hand, letting go of his bleeding shoulder. 'This should buy us enough time.' He thinks to himself as he dashes at the beast stabbing its head with the blade. The nomu screams in agony as Izuku drives it further into the skull of the beast as the rest of his team arrive on the scene.

"Wha- what did you do!!!" Tenko screams.

"You should know this, or were you too busy during history class?" Izuku says, leaving the blade in the Nomu's skull. "Or would you like a refresher?" Izuku says, wincing slightly in pain as he takes off his jacket. Letting it fall to the ground, Izuku grabs a sleeve and steps on the jacket, ripping it off. "That is a copy of the blade of Muramasa, and though it is damaged, it still has to same properties."

"Perfect counter to your little beast wouldn't you say?" Kaminari says as he appears behind Tenko with a crack, startling the man. Kurogiri tries to attack but gets electrocuted by Denki.