1 2 3 I Love You

Ellis Zola Grey.

He smiled wider upon hearing her full name. His daughter, she was going to be his ray of sunshine, that he was sure of. She looked nothing like him, not at all. She was all Meredith, or more like Meredith's mother, Ellis. He wasn't sure but that must be the reason why she named their daughter after her.

He saw his little kid last night, but he didn't really take a good look at her as he was too preoccupied with Meredith's confession of her, being their daughter. He couldn't believe it, Ellis had her mother's pale green eyes, porcelain skin, and honey-colored hair. All again Meredith's.

"She looks like you," he commented in awe.

"She's more like my mother's daughter than me being her daughter. But yeah, the same thing, I guess," she replied, settling Ellis on a chair beside her.

"Hi, Ellis. I'm Derek," he tried introducing himself to his daughter but Ellis just stared at him curiously, "I think we shouldn't let her... you know."

Meredith nodded, "We'll do it slowly," she confirmed.

Not letting their child know who he was to her yet was both their decision, understanding what Meredith meant by not wanting to confuse her much as he was going to be around more often. Ellis does not need pushing, she will open up to him when she probably gained him her trust. If that was the case, if that was going to happen, there was no doubt, she was Meredith Grey's daughter.

"She'll come around, you know," Meredith said as if reading his thoughts, "She's just shy. She's really not used to grownups. It was my fault."

She got him curious. With his brows furrowed, he asked, "How come it was your fault?"

Meredith grunted as if she remembered a bad memory, "I-I didn't really have friends there," she whispered timidly.

Derek wondered what really happened to her from wherever she hid. She grew up independent but it wasn't really like her not to have friends.

"Baby," she reached Ellis' hand to get her attention from eating, "Do you know that man?" she sweetly asked, pointing at him.

She nodded, "Derek," she replied, looking at them back and forth.

Hearing her say his name was unfathomable, it was amazing. It was like music to his ears that he wanted to record and make it his alarm tone.

"Yes. So Derek is a good guy. We like Derek a lot, and he is Mommy's friend."

Ellis focused her attention on Derek and gave him a smile sheepishly.

"Go, baby, give Derek lots of love."

Just as she commanded, Ellis struggled herself out of her chair and walked towards him. As she reached him, she just stood there awkwardly.

Derek looked at Meredith for some help on what was supposed to happen.

She laughed at their awkwardness, "You're supposed to crouch to her level."

He furrowed his brows, "I-I was..."

"Just do it, Derek," she said, still laughing.

Derek look down at his daughter did as he was told.

Just then, Ellis put both of her palms on Derek's cheeks and slowly leaned in and gave him a peck on his right cheek, "Love one," she started, kissing his left cheek next, "Love two," she then looked at him in the eye and cutely puckered her lips as she kissed him on his lips, "Love three," then she shifted and wrapped her tiny little arms around his neck as she lay her head on his shoulder and said, "I love you," softly.