Uhmm... Daddy, What???

As Meredith gathered her things from the table, Derek whispered to her, "We need to talk," he said.

She glanced at the interns exiting and turned to him, "Dr. Shepherd, as I said, I've got loads to do," she replied.

"You're avoiding me," he flatly told her, grabbing her elbow.

"Yes," she admitted, "But I've got also a lot of things to do," she added, eyeing Lexie walking towards the door, "Dr. Grey, could I speak to you a moment?" she asked, stopping her as she glanced at the other interns walking out the door.

Lexie stopped in her tracks and faced her, looking down at Derek's hand on her elbow.

Derek understood what Meredith meant. She wanted to talk to her sister so he let her go, "You can't avoid me forever," he whispered to her ear again.

Meredith shivered from his breath touching her skin, "I-I k-know," she stammered. "Derek, we'll talk. I promise!" she told him, as she turned to him and tapped his arm.

Derek then smiled at her, putting his hand as well to her arm and squeezing it as if he was telling her good luck about talking to her sister.

She smiled back and turned to Lexie, who was staring at them back and forth, with a confused look on her face as Derek walked out of the room.

Silence followed as no one was speaking but both of them were stealing glances at each other, filling the air with awkwardness.

Meredith cleared her throat, breaking the ice since she was the one who wanted to talk in the first place. Guilty, that she was feeling, when she thought of it further, it was not Lexie's fault. It was her who did her wrong, "Look," she started, not really sure how to start, "I'm sorry," she whispered, looking at her eyes, "I'm sorry I yelled at you. You were not in the picture, after all, it was not your fault and I threw my anger towards y-your father at you."

"I found out I have sister beside Molly when Mom died," Lexie whispered, walking close to her, "I was there in the hospital... well not really in the hospital but in the car, waiting for Dad and Molly before Mom's funeral. It was just then when Molly told me but she does not know much about you. When we ask Dad, he does not want to talk about you but I was thrilled knowing I have a big sister," she continued, drawing circles on the table that separated them.

Meredith smiled because she does that too when she was feeling shy, drawing to wherever her hand could reach and not looking at the other person's eyes.

"I liked your mother," she admitted, and that drew Lexie's eyes to look at her, smiling. "No matter how I pushed her away, she was so persistent, showing up at my door or in the hospital, buys me coffee and she also stocks up my fridge," she continued, laughing at the memory, "I never mentioned it to her but I used to call her my fake mommy."

Lexie laughed with her, "Sounds like my Mom," she agreed.

"I'm not good at the sister thing because I never have one and I swore to myself not to get involved in anything related to Thatcher ever again," she confessed, "It's just that some people don't just like other people right away when they come up to them the first time," she added, sitting at the edge of the table, "So... would you still like to know about your Mom's death? I can call someone to email me her file. It's not allowed but she'd do it if I ask," she said, offering as it might help her curiosity and a closure.

"No, that was not the reason why I wanted to talk to you. I know Mom's cause of death was the 1 percent out of 100," she cleared, "I just... you know," she looked down, drawing circles again, "want to get to know my big sister."