Dirty Ex-Mistresses Club

It has been a week since that incident happened. Kissing him was the only way she knew for him not to say those words. Whether it was supposed to be an I still like you or I still love you, Meredith does not want to hear it. Because hearing it straight from his mouth would create chaos, and possible destruction of whatever they had; parents to their daughter. Ellis was still adjusting to her new life, having a father around. She liked it. No, she loved it. What afraid her before was that she wouldn't call Derek 'Daddy' but the funny thing was she called him that in every chance she gets.

She wasn't sure what she felt. She had long burned down the bridge now Derek was about to try his best to cross as he had been trying to talk to her for a week now. But thank God with her busy schedule, she was able to avoid him so far. That was it, so far. Because she knew it will come, it was inevitable. He makes her heart still flutter, but she does not want to admit whatever she was feeling, even to herself. The love she had buried in the deepest of her heart, has it been gone? But if it was, why does she still shiver on his lightest touch? And that kiss still lingers as if it was never washed away.

Going back together was easy. There was no Addison, no marriage, no mother, and no daddy issues. There was him and her. And Ellis, there was Ellis. When she decided to go back to Seattle, all she was telling herself was Ellis deserved a father and that was enough for her. But now, a possibility of giving her a complete family was there. Will she grab it? It was as if Derek was a streak of light in her greyscale life – the silver lining she can reach and be happy if she would allow herself to. But what about those years? Years of longing, pain, and self-loathing. She was sure she hasn't gotten over those yet. Will she really be happy at last? Is Derek really the answer?

She was late. She was late for Skills Lab as it was her turn to teach the interns today but she had to stop by the Nurses' Station to get a post-op update about her patient last night. So she was waiting on her phone in the Nurses' Station while bombarding Cristina's text messages as she called in sick today. She hasn't changed into her scrubs yet or at least get her coat from her cubby but that can wait.

"Is there anything I can possibly help you with?" someone uttered beside her but she ignored it as she was sure he wasn't talking to her. Why would a staff ask her if he could help her? She was a staff too.

She heard the guy chuckle, "You're ignoring me," he said.

This time, Meredith looked up from her phone and was surprised to see a very attractive Doctor who was flirtingly smiling down at her but now was not the right time to get flirted with, "I'm fine," she replied, returning a small smile and returned to her phone.

"You look like you needed help. I can help you in every way possible," he said, persisting in his very seductive voice.

Meredith rolled her eyes and looked up to him again moved her eyes to his coat to address him with his name. Then she realized she was getting flirted at by Mark Sloan, Derek's best friend. She had been curious how manwhore they claimed him to be and now she knew. Meredith bit her lower lip trying to suppress the laughter that was threatening to come out from her mouth.

"And you want my help," Mark added, noting how she bit her lip.

She bit her lip harder upon hearing that because of the fact that he misunderstood her action and she was sure the corners of her eyes were creasing so doesn't lookgood, "I'm just waiting here, Dr..." she stopped and lowered her gaze, "Sloan," she added softly, pretending to read his name on his coat once again. Meredith was trying to lead him on, jokingly flirting with him.

Mark's lips curved sexily, "Are you perhaps free later tonight, Miss..." he started, trying to get her name.

"Dr. Grey!" someone called her name from behind, causing her to turn away from Mark, "The interns are gathered now, skills lab 2. They've been there for quite a while," her resident of the week informed her.