eight

eight │rope burns

eight │rope burns

"attention players, the third game will began momentarily. please follow the staffs instructions and swiftly make your way to the game hall"

the remaining players- which was around 70 were led into a blank room. the walls were white, the stairs were white even the floor was white.

"players welcome to your third game, for this game you will play in teams. all players please divide yourselves into teams of ten people, your time limit will be, ten minutes."

Gi-hun, who Y/N had only know figured out his name sighed turning towards the clock, "something that has teams of ten players, so maybe its tail tag? or why did you come to my house?"

wtf is why did you come to my house-

"tail tag means running is involved, or it might be something simply based on luck, what do you think?" Gi-hun asked Sang-woo.

"our team already has two girls and an older guy. I'm thinking we better get some men first" Sang-woo informed the 'team' "what if they make us play gonggi or elastics, then what do we do? girls are usually the good ones at those"

"that's true. but when it really comes down to it usually men are better. its our lives we're betting on right now. and we got to win." Sang-woo snapped "four people are needed, i say we each bring one together, Sae-byeok and Y/N going together" 

"and for that, I'm going to find a girl" Y/N mumbled walking away, she preferably wanted to find Ji yeong.

She walked up the stairs to find her friend off with the fairies, "play with us." 

Ji yeong smiled "well its a good thing you asked, otherwise I would have stolen you from your team"

as Y/N led her over to the team she failed to miss Sae-byeoks glare on the shoulder length girl.

-

"one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine" Gi-hun counted the players that sat in a circle, they were missing a contestant. "wait, did someone not bring anyone?"

the old man looked down in shame "it was me. i didn't"

"what about you, who brought you here?" Sexist asked Ji-yeong, who only nudged her head towards the short girl "her"

"i said to bring only man back" he glared

"If you don't shut up about god damn men, I will cut of your dick off and shove so far down your throat you choke on it" 

Sang-woo sat up "is that a threat?"

"no its a promise" Y/N mocked.

"this doesn't sound good. you want me to go? I'll go?" Ji-yeong began to get up only stopping as Y/N grabbed her wrist "your staying"

Gi-hun looked towards Sang-woo after agreeing that the girl should stay "we don't know what we're doing yet" he shrugged "and our times almost over, at this point lets just find one team mate and be done"

"if we put together a week team who will join it."

Y/N shrugged "I don't think its us and the old guy they're worrying about. Sexist people never get cared for"

ignoring her Sang-woo faced Ali "that means when the timer ends, we'll be left with anyone who gets kicked out."

just like she was summoned toilet lady sat down pushing Y/N practically onto her ex girlfriends lap. "well no one kicked me out! I'll play with you as a special deal okay? man you guys lucked out today" she turned to look at the three girls "and I'll be way more help then these scrawny girls"

I'm about to beat this bitch up

 -

 The now group of ten sat down, waiting for their team to be called out. 101 and his team had just won and Y/N hoped she was on a semi-good at tug of war team because she did not want to all to her death.

"I will now announce the next two teams" the triangle guy pulled out two balls from the box "team 4, team 5" they were going against a team of all men.

team four- better known as Y/N's team slowly walked to the yellow elevator "oh man, I was looking forward to killing you guys" 101 told them.

fear arouse in Y/N as her hand shook violently, she picked at her skin in hopes to calm her nerves. but it didn't work. they were going to die. as the team entered the elevator Sae-byeok took Y/N's trembling hand and placed a small kiss to it, soothing it out with her thumb. 

"come on. don't loose your spirit tug of war needs more than just strength" the old man told them. "so what's it about huh? we just go out and speak to them?"

"all you need is a good strategy with tug of war, and combine with good teamwork you'll be able to win when you are against stronger teams." 

"only one thing can help us now. its the lord himself, i know it." 

"you can barely stand old man. so shut up and keep all your strength"

I think we would have been better off with that husband and wife then these two 

"wait a minute, lets hear what the old man says" Gi-hun reasoned 

"okay, when I was young we always liked tug of war. its a game i know well, and back then I would always win, even if there was a wrestler on the other team, and it seemed the odds were tuck against us. listen closely and I'll tell you how my team and I were able to win even when it seemed imposable." the old man spoke

as we walked onto the stage we were cuffed to the ropes, no way of escaping death. taking in the strategy like the old man told us to, Gi-hun was at the front, he was our leader. Ali was at the back- he was the strongest. 

when the gunshot went off the team pulled back edging their stomachs to the sky. when Gi-hun called out for them to start pulling back, they all moved back. the opposite team was nearly at the edge when suddenly they found their strength. 

"we're loosing our feet god damn it!" 212 screeched

Gi-hun was seconds away from his death when Sang-woo told them a new plan "everyone listen! lets try something, take three steps when I say go"

"what no! but that's the edge"

"wait he's right. if we take three steps unexpectantly they will fall down! we can pull this off" Y/N told them

212 wouldn't stop screeching, she even near the edge. Gi-hun was up front and willing to give it a go. "you move up or you die!"

"I'll count to three"

"one"

"two"

"three"