sixteen pt.2

sixteen pt 2|marry me

alternative ending
(Y/N survives)

seven weeks earlier

The sound of a heart monitor was the only thing Y/N could hear. All she could see was black and she couldn't smell anything. She couldn't even move her fingers around.

Even since Sangwoo had stabbed Y/N she had been placed in a coma at the northeast hospital (I literally don't know any hospitals) where no one — apart from 001 — knew she was still alive, barley breathing but still alive.

present

Sae-byeok and Gi-Han were walking the streets of Korea, they had both received a card — the same card they were given before entering the games — but only this time, it told the two to meet them at a building.

seven weeks earlier

Sangwoo had walked away from the pair of crying adults, the sixth game were to be played in only hours.

He had entered the bathroom, walking towards the sink he washed off Y/N's blood off his hands.

He held no guilt over killing the girl, he didn't care that his bestfriend was going to kill him but the girl stopped him. He didn't care that he left a sobbing girl all alone.

He simply didn't care that she died.

present

Player 001 had been the cause of this all. The two friends now knew this. They had trusted an innocent old man thinking he could do no wrong.

Sae-byeok stomped up to the dying man and reached down to the only thing keeping him alive — a white cord.

"W-wait" 001 croaker lifting his hand out to stop her.

The girl turned to look at him, tears dropped down her cheek "she trusted you. You got her killed"

001 smiled "I didn't get her killed. I can't have killed her if she's still alive. You're the reason she's still alive"

seven weeks earlier

Sae-byeok silently snuck into the boys bathroom with only one thing on her mind murder.

She watched in hatred as he washed the girl she loved blood off his hands.

She slowly walked over keeping away from his eye view. When he looked down at his hands again she took the opportunity.

Sae-byeok grabbed his head smashing it into the sink.

present

Sae-byeok and Gi-hun went to all the hospitals in the south-west area of Korea asking if a patient was named 'Y/N L/N' only to receive an odd look and a no.

After months of searching they gave up. Although Sae-byeok didn't want to she didn't have a choice but to let her go.

a year later 

A healthy Y/N walked the streets of South Korean. One of the guards from the game had so nicely lent her some money they said it was because 'she won'

The now 18 year old munched on her cookie as she walked into some clothing stores she saw.

One of these shops is were called 'world 201' Y/N remembered buying a couple dresses for herself before the games.

The girl walked down the little aisles looking at all the flower cut dresses before finally stopping at a red one.

She picked it up and smiled, this was the same dress she tried to get Sae-byeok to wear when they were together.

Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder. "Miss. Can I please have the dress you're holding? It's important to me"

Y/N rolled her eyes "it's also important to me. So no."

"Y-Y/N?"

The said girl snapped her head towards the voice. Behind her was the girl she had loved since forever.

"Sae-byeok?" She whispered. Sae-byeok nodded bringing her into a bone crushing hug.

"You're actually alive" Sae breathed out

"I won't be soon. You're squishing me" Y/N laughed

The freckled girl rolled her eyes "shut up and kiss me"

Y/N stood on her tippy toes before slamming her lips against hers. They both smiled into the kiss.

After what felt like hours Sae-byeok let go smiling hard.

"What" Y/N smiled trying to catch her breath

"Marry me"

"Kang Sae-byeok! We're in a shop"

"I don't care. Marry me."

<33

LILAH SPEAKS!

Here ya go. This is the second alternative ending. I love these two.