♡02

TW: a lil bit of swearing.

Nervousness.

That's what Hyemin was feeling. She looked at herself in the mirror and gave herself a small pep talk. 

"Come on, you can do this. Imagine Park Sunghoon and his partner's reaction when you get first place instead of them," she mumbled, taking a sip of water afterward. The competition had started about 2 hours ago but her category was about to perform in a few minutes. 

She stretched her legs again in order to ease her nervousness. She felt pressured to do good but she believed they both could do it. She didn't want to brag but she was feeling a little confident. 

Her and Minhee really practiced this routine a lot and nothing could break her confidence. She knew they could do it if they both tried their best. Then, a thought hit her.

Is Hyunwoo here yet?

Picking up her phone, she clicked on their messages to see that he had left her on seen. Again. He had promised her he would come today and she was beyond excited since this would be the first time he came to her competition. 

A small sigh escaped her lips. That was until the 'online' sign showed up below his contact name. 

hyunwoo <33

hyunwoo <33: hyemin

hyunwoo <33: i think we should break up

you: what

you: this is a joke right?

hyunwoo <33: no it isn't

hyunwoo <33: im serious hyemin

you: why?

you: you know you can tell me anything right?

you: and if it's anything i did then im sorry

you: are you really doing this?

you can no longer send messages to this person.

Hyemin could hear her heart shatter as a harsh sigh escaped her lips. She walked outside with her phone in hand, pressing the call button. She tried not to freak out but the tears escaping her eyes told a different story. 

"Fuck," she said when he didn't pick up. She checked the time, 09:55. Her and Minhee's turn was in 5 more minutes. 

She choked back a sob. She didn't understand why he did this. Why he would do this on her big day. Was it because of Gaeun? Did he like her now? She had so many unanswered questions. 

Just then, an annoying voice broke her out of her thoughts, earning a sigh from her. The last thing she needed right now was someone as irritating as Sunghoon.