♡18

june flop era wbk 

Hyemin choked on her gum and Sunghoon widened his eyes hearing Chaeyon's suggestion

Hyemin choked on her gum and Sunghoon widened his eyes hearing Chaeyon's suggestion. It was currently early in the morning and Chaeyeon came to see both of them for a rather, special request. The class would be starting in about 5 minutes so she had to hurry up.

"I'm sorry—can you repeat that?" asked Hyemin.

"I was thinking if you guys would like to join me and Jungwon for our date this Friday," Chaeyeon repeated. "It'll be like a double date, y'know?"

To Sunghoon, this was the first time he talked to Chaeyeon ever since she got together with Jungwon. Chaeyeon had caught on to his antics long ago but just left him be, and he was grateful for that. Sure, he missed their friendship, but his heart was in dismay as that's what they would only be. Friends.

So when he saw her enter the classroom and walking in his direction, you could say he was a tad bit excited and curious about what she wanted to say. And this was what she wanted to say? A double date? Out of all things it just had to be that.

Both Hyemin and Sunghoon looked at each other, eyebrows slightly furrowed with unsureness written on their faces, and back at the grinning girl in front of them.

"Why are you guys looking at each other like that—Oh! Is it because you haven't been on a date yet?"

"Pfft of course we have..." Sunghoon fake-laughed, "Right, Hyemin?"

"Yep. We've been on plenty of dates," said Hyemin.

"Together because we are dating," Sunghoon added. Hyemin internally face-palmed herself at his words.

"Well, good for you guys I guess! I'm sure Jungwon would be thrilled. I'll text Hyemin the details, see ya at lunch." was all Chaeyeon said before exiting the classroom.

Both Hyemin and Sunghoon couldn't even speak up about it as the bell rang, signaling that class was starting.

♡♡♡

"Hyemin, I'd like to talk to you." Her coach spoke up after dismissing everyone else.

"Hm?"

"So there will be a competition soon, and I was thinking if you'd like to join?" asked her coach, Mr. Min.

She didn't even have to think twice before speaking up. It's been a while since she'd been to one because of her ankle but now that it was fully healed, nothing could stop her.

"Yes, of course!" She beamed.

"Great, I'll tell you about the details next class then we'll start training." He informed and she nodded.

Hyemin stepped out of the ice rink area in a rather good mood, a small smile painting across her face as she walked towards her belongings in the locker room.

"What's got you so happy huh?" Sunghoonasked, nearly giving the poor girl a heart attack.

"Don't scare people like that gosh," She muttered, flicking the boy's forehead earning a small groan from him. "Anyways, it's because the coach asked me if I wanted to join the competition that's coming up."

"Are you sure though?" He eyed her, trying to suppress his laughter. "Remember the last time you were at a competition." Sunghoon reminded.

"And who's fault is that?"

"Not mine obviously."

"Weren't you all like "break a leg Hyemin." And then I actually did." She rolled her eyes although she couldn't help but snicker. She knew very well that this argument was totally useless but she still wanted to engage in it. 

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, Love."

"And you were really mean to me after too! Remember when you got mad at me for losing?" She uttered bitterly.

"It's not my fault I hated you." 

"Oh... You did?" Sunghoon could tell she was disappointed by the tone of her voice. While Hyemin diverted her gaze to the windows, he mentally cursed himself for allowing his thoughts to slip.

Hate is such a strong word. She didn't know why, but hearing his comment made her feel hurt and disappointed. She could feel her heart sink and wondered why she was so disappointed when this was exactly what she expected. Especially from coming from a boy. 

She let out a little sigh, the tension in the car was undeniably awkward. She had a strong dislike for him before all of this, and she assumed he did as well, but she had no idea he hated  her. 

"But that was before I got to know you." He looked into her eyes. "You're actually a pretty fun person to hang out with." 

A wave of flutters hit her stomach and her hands were starting to sweat. "Oh. My. God. Did the Park Sunghoon just compliment somebody other than himself?" 

"And now I take it back." He pressed his lips into a fine line. 

"Nope, you can't," She stuck out her tongue at him.

"You can't blame me though, I mean if you had a face as good-looking as mine you'd obviously be obsessed with it," said Sunghoon, and posed for the non-existent camera. 

Hyemin muttered, "Too bad your personality is the complete opposite." 

"Hey!" 

"I was joking jeez!" 

"Yeah right!"

"Go cry about it if you don't believe me!"

"No, you go cry about it!"

"Why should I cry about it?!"

"Because you told me to go cry first!"

"Too bad I'm not gonna go cry about it!"

"If you're not gonna cry about it then I won't cry about it either!"

"Why are you still yelling?!"

"Because you're yelling!" 

And without even realizing it, they both spent the whole ride home bickering about who would win the upcoming competitions.

They both too didn't realize how they were slowly and slowly becoming more comfortable with each other which could lead to the better or for the worse. 

no but like cry about it is my fav phrase rn idc