♡11

After sending her aunt a text that she'd be home a little later today, she headed to the I-LAND cafe located near the school

School had just ended and Hyemin couldn't be happier. She managed to survive the whole day. Barely though. 

She decided that she'd meet Jiwon after to try and fix things with her but now she had something even bigger to worry about. 

The cafe's bell rang when she pushed the door, the cool air instantly hitting her when she stepped in. With a look around, she managed to spot the black-haired boy at the table farthest from the other tables. 

She headed to the table and hesitantly sat in front of Sunghoon. Silence surrounded the both of them for a few seconds until Hyemin spoke up.

"So what do we do now?" Hyemin looked at Sunghoon.

Sunghoon was in deep thought at the moment, weighing the options and the pros of cons of it. After all, he wasn't being fully honest a few hours prior.

"What are the options we have?" He spoke up.

"We either deny everything or..."

"Are you saying that we should-" Before Sunghoon could finish his words, she cut him off. 

"No, that's not what I mean! I don't know!" 

"Well, I don't wanna date you either." He muttered.

His words made her roll her eyes, but she internally agreed to it. 

"Tell me how the conversation went between you and Hyunwoo." asked Hyemin. 

She felt that something wasn't piecing together. If Sunghoon really did tell Hyunwoo to stop bothering her, then why did he go around telling other people that they were dating?

But it was likely that Hyunwoo was mistaken right? Unless-

Flashback to last Friday.

"Hey, have you seen Hyemin?" a voice took Sunghoon out of his thoughts. He wanted to question KangHyemin about her odd behavior but she left just like that.

"Why?" Sunghoon looked at the guy in front of him. He eyed him up a down and wondered why would a girl like her hang around with a guy like him.

He's heard a few not-so-good stories about Yeom Hyunwoo and to Sunghoon, he sounded like a huge jerk.

"That isn't your business to know." Hyunwoo glared at Sunghoon. "Now did you see her or not?"

A scoff left Sunghoon's lips as he rolled his eyes. He couldn't even be nice when he was asking really simple questions too right?

"Why? Are you guys dating or something?" He tilted his head upon asking the question. A small smirk made its way to his lips. 

Sunghoon knew that they had broken up and just wanted to push the older's buttons for being so rude a few minutes prior. 

Something about the guy in front of him screams 'red flag'. And he wasn't wrong either. 

"Look, unless you're her boyfriend or something, it's none of your damn business," Hyunwoo growled. 

"And what if I am? Are you gonna stop bothering Hyemin now?" 

Sunghoon couldn't even believe the words coming out of his mouth. He clearly didn't think of the consequences of his words. 

But as much as he resented Hyemin, no girl should go through what she's going through right now.  He imagined how it would feel if it happened to his own sister, and shuddered at the thought. 

Hearing his words, Hyunwoo's eyes widened. 

"Y-you guys are d-dating? I-I'm sorry, I didn't know-"

"And if I find out you're bothering Hyemin again," Sunghoon leaned in and whispered something in his ear. Hearing what Sunghoon said, his face morphed in pure horror and shock as he apologized profusely. 

Sunghoon gave him one last smirk and that forced him to leave the rink. 

'That should do the trick.' He thought. 

Flashback end.

"You told him we're dating?!" Hyemin accidentally yelled. She bowed apologetically when she realized everyone's attention was on her. 

"It worked didn't it?" Sunghoon tried to look on the bright side. She massaged her head and her eyebrows furrowed. 

"Yes but- Now everyone thinks we're dating." She sighed. "And once we deny it, Hyunwoo's obviously gonna come back,"

"Well, you were the one who asked me to help you." he shrugged. He grabbed his phone and started scrolling through his social medias.

Hyemin couldn't help but get furious at his answer and balled her fist. Why was he acting as if it was her fault? 

"Well, I didn't ask you to say we were dating," She said through gritted teeth. 

"Then you should've never asked my help in the first place." He simply stated, not forgetting to send a glare at her. 

Hyemin's eyes widened at his rather rude response. She had many other things to say but blaming each other and pointing fingers wasn't going to do any good. She took a deep breath to keep herself from going insane. 

"Fine. We should just deny the rumors." Hyemin muttered. She concluded that she didn't want anything to do with Park Sunghoon anymore. 

She was sure she couldn't hate anyone more than Park Sunghoon and mentally cursed him. 

She decided that she'd find a way somehow deal with her annoying ex but as for now, she'd deny anything related to him.

Sunghoon nodded his head at her expected answer but found himself wondering if she'd be alright. 

"What about Hyunwoo?" he asked. 

"I'll just deal with it." 

Hearing her words, Sunghoon felt a wave of guilt wash over him. After all, no girl should be bothered by her ex. And this all was partly his fault even if he didn't want to admit it loudly. 

Then, Sunghoon got an idea. A very crazy one at that. He couldn't believe he even considered it in the first place. 

"Or we could..." He spoke up, earning her attention. "Not deny the rumors...?"

Hyemin's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You mean like-"

"Fake-date. Or we could fake-date."

THIS IS WHERE THE REAL STORY STARTS MUAHAHAHA