♡23

sorry for keeping u guys waiting :( i was super super busy for the past 3 weeks and next week is my exam too but i'll try to update !! <3 (kinda short chapter sorry hehe)

Hyemin settled to wear the new black and white knitted cardigan she had bought to the lunch with Sunghoon. It wasn't too sunny today so she thought it was perfect. She spent longer than she expected to get ready. She also styled her hair in 2 braids for the date.

Wait, is this even a date? I mean, it's just having lunch with a friend who I'm dating but not really...?

Now that she thought about it, Hyunwoo had stopped bothering her. It's been about 2 months since she started dating Sunghoon. Hyemin wondered how much longer before all of this was over. She wondered who'd make that particular move that would end it all.

Probably him.

She was already beginning to enjoy his company more often these days. She hoped she hadn't grown too attached to the boy or else it'll make everything harder.

Not knowing the reason why, she felt nervous as she checked the mirror for the nth time today. She then received a text from Sunghoon saying he was waiting for her.

"So where we going for lunch?" Hyemin questioned.

"I was thinking the mall," he answered, "Or you have somewhere else you wanna go?"

"Nope," she replied, popping the p.

"Let's go then."

"That's your favorite restaurant, isn't it?" Sunghoon asked, pointing to Mr Dakgalbi.

"Yeah. How'd you know?" she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"I listen to you blabber, you know," he replied nonchalantly. And without even realizing it, Hyemin fell even deeper for him.

Does he actually listen?

Sunghoon studied the menu for a minute before putting it down. "Recommend me something to eat."

"I usually like to order the extra extra spicy fried rice," she answered, "But you don't like spicy food, right?"

"It's always good to try something new," shrugged Sunghoon. He didn't know what has gotten into him ever since he woke up. You can say, he started to feel... differently about Hyemin recently.

"Are you sure you can handle it?" Hyemin asked once again. She wasn't quite convinced and was skeptical about it. Sunghoon gave a firm nod, not knowing he would later regret his decision.

"See? I told you, you couldn't handle it," she scolded the boy. His whole was tomato-red and his lips were looking swollen by the minute.

"I wanted to try something new," he tried reasoning, the corners of his lips turning into a small frown. 

Hyemin grabbed a tissue and began wiping the corner of his lips. "Whatever you say, Park."

It wasn't rocket science for him to figure out that she cares for him. He felt guilty for making her worry about him and sighed. "I'm sorry."

She turned to look at him. "Sorry for what?"

"I feel like I ruined the date," he slumped his shoulders.

"Don't worry about it. Can't really blame you for your stupidity, am I right?" she joked.

"Hey!"

"Only kidding," she defended herself. "Not really."

Hyemin snickered at his reaction. He had a small pout on his face which made him look super cute. "Let's get going now."

The two spend some time walking around and looking at random things in general. They went to a supermarket, a clothing store, and even a furniture store. However, the one thing that caught Hyemin's attention was this teddy bear necklace she saw on a display in front of a shop.

Her eyes widened in pure fascination as she stared at the necklace. It was hella beautiful. A smile made its way to her face, before looking at the price and then frowning. It was also hella expensive. 

Yikes.

"Let's go to another shop," she answered.

Hyemin spoke up, "Have you heard about Lotte World?"

A regretful sigh then left Sunghoon's lips. "Yeah, it's so sad that it's closing down. Wish I could go there one last time though."

"Lucky you. I've never been there before." she frowned. 

"I've been there with a friend before, it's a really fun place, y'know," he added, recollections of his trip to Lotte World with Chaeyeon. 

Just then, Hyemin widened her eyes, remembering something Minhee had given her when she was with him a few days ago. He had given her two tickets to Lotte World since he was too busy and unbothered to go, thus giving her the tickets.

"Hey," she softly nudged Sunghoon, "Are you free tomorrow?"

"I think so,"

"Good news for you then, I just remembered Minhee gave me two tickets to Lotte World!" she grinned.

"Really?" he questioned excitedly, followed by a nod from her.

"We'll meet up at 1?"

"Yeah, I know all the good places so you can just follow me," said Sunghoon.

Throughout the rest of their little date, Sunghoon wouldn't stop about how fun Lotte World is. She chuckled at the excited tone in his voice as he kept going on and on about the theme park. And because of this, she too was starting to get excited. He was beyond hyped because he hasn't been to a theme park in a while and now he's gonna go with his favorite person? Heck yeah.

 He was beyond hyped because he hasn't been to a theme park in a while and now he's gonna go with his favorite person? Heck yeah

hope u enjoyed this chapter !!