♡21

"Hyemin, you okay?" Chaeyeon spoke up, taking her out of her thoughts

"Hyemin, you okay?" Chaeyeon spoke up, taking her out of her thoughts. Hyemin gave a small smile and nodded.

Now that she thought of it, it all made sense. I mean, she heard Sunghoon and Chaeyeon used to be close so it would be natural for him to fall for her. It wasn't even a love triangle anymore, it seemed more like some love hexagon. She was (fake) dating Sunghoon, who liked Chaeyeon, but she was currently dating Jungwon. Hyemin mentally chuckled.

What in the Wattpad...

Sitting there right now, she felt a little weird. Her gaze flickered to the one and only Sunghoon who was staring at Chaeyeon. She instantly recognized the way he looked at Chaeyeon. It was filled with so much love and adoration. A small frown made its way to Hyemin's lips.

Hyemin felt her phone vibrate, signaling that she had gotten a new message.

definitelynotsunghoon : can we go

definitelynotsunghoon : i don't feel good

highmin.xoxo : are u okay?

highmin.xoxo : i'll make up some excuse

seen

"My mom just texted and she said we have some guests over right now so she wants me to be home," Hyemin frowned, earning all their attention.

"Aw, that's too bad," said Jungwon, and Chaeyeon nodded.

"It was fun meeting you though," Chaeyeon grinned.

"Same here. Well, see you guys Monday,"

They both waved at the couple and exited the restaurant. Sunghoon let out a little sigh when the cold wind greeted him. He was glad they left. When they entered the restaurant, Sunghoon felt like he was being suffocated.

The car ride home was even quieter than when they were heading to the restaurant. Hyemin thought if she should say something but opted to stay quiet instead, playing with her fingers as she thought to herself.

She couldn't even imagine what Sunghoon was feeling. She felt stupid for not getting the signs earlier. They were one turn from getting home when Sunghoon took a different route. She tilted her head in confusion as they pulled up to the park.

It was obviously empty since it was nighttime so they had the whole place to themselves.

Hyemin turned her head to the male, and as if on cue, he spoke up. "I wanted some fresh air. Hope you didn't mind."

"Nope, not at all."

He sat down on a bench and stared at the ground quietly. He could feel his eyes well up and mentally cursed himself. No, he didn't want to cry. Not here. Not now. Not ever. And especially not in front of Hyemin.