8

.........

"I'll say it one more time. Let go of me!"

“Sister-in-law, why are you being so obstinate? If you follow me, I can give you everything. What's the point in staying with a comatose person?" Sehun took a few rough breaths. "Ye Ji Eun (Lisa), sweetheart, be with me. Be with me, okay? I can give you anything. I can even give you my life!"

A voice mockingly whispered by Sehun's ear, "You can even give me your life? Really?"

At the same time these words were said, an extremely furious voice traveled into the room, "Bastard!"

Startled, Sehun let go of her.

There was an old man standing in the doorway and leaning on his cane for support. He was wearing traditional Chinese clothing, and his hair was meticulously brushed back. His piercing eyes looked as if he was going to kill someone.

Although he was advance in age, Old Master Jeon was someone that had weathered through major upheavals. When he was furious, he wasn't someone that Sehun, a hedonistic second generation, could handle.

As soon as Sehun saw him, his legs felt weak.

"G-Grandfather, let me explain. It's not what it seems. It's... Sister-in-law, she's the one that's trying to seduce me!"

Old Master Jeon harshly knocked his cane against the floor. He severely said, "Drag this bastard out!"

Two bodyguards that had been standing in the hallway came forward. They each grabbed one of Sehun's arms and forcefully dragged him out of the room.

The villa was flooded with the sound of Sehun's miserable wails.

"Grandfather, I haven't done anything!" Ye Lisa looked at Old Master Jeon. Her gaze was firm. She met Old Master Jeon's eyes without any hint of timidity, but her body was trembling involuntarily.

Old Master Jeon sighed. Although he had been away in the ancestral home during the past period, he had heard about Sehun's vile conduct. He understood that this young woman didn't have anyone to rely on. Even when she was being humiliated and wronged, she could only stay silent.

"Don't be afraid. Grandfather knows that this has nothing to do with you. The fault lies entirely on that shameless creature, Jeon Sehun. Don't worry. Grandfather will definitely right this wrong for you!"

Ye Lisa was silent for a long time before finally nodding.

Old Master Jeon glanced at Jungkook, who was still unconscious, and let out a deep sigh. "Take good care of Jungkook. Don't worry, the Jeon family won't mistreat you."

Ye Lisa quietly answered, "En."

Gripping his cane, Old Master Jwon turned around and left.

Ye Lisa sat back down again.

If Sehun had left her alone, she wouldn't have bothered with crushing him.

Sehun was an idiot. He flaunted the fact that he had entered the Jeon family and acted without restraint. He thought that he was above everyone else just because Jeon Ji Yong accepted him. However, Jeon Ji Yong had someone above him, a father that was in charge of everything.

Old Master Jeon didn't care that Jeon Ji Yong thought highly of this bastard son. What Old Master Jeon cared about was having a qualified successor to carry on the Jeon family's enterprise.

Moreover, Old Master Jeon had set down the Jeon family’s pedantic rules. Could a person that cared so much about rules and propriety allow a disgraceful matter like a brother-in-law lusting after his sister-in-law to exist?

Ye Lisa looked at the person on the bed and smiled. "Jeon Jungkook, I got rid of one of your rivals today. Even though it was only squishing an ant, it was still my finger that did the hard work."

Jungkook's eyelids fluttered. The eyeballs underneath his eyelids moved. It looked as if he was going to open his eyes. However, his eyes returned to serenity in the next moment instead.