20

......

In the gathering darkness of evening, Jeon Ji Yong finally returned home from work.

Old Master Jeon had called him at 11 AM to tell him that Jungkook had woken up. He had been caught completely off guard by the sudden unexpected news.

As Old Master Jeon's only son, Jeon Ji Yong had lived an unsatisfactory life in the Jeon Family. When he was young, the person in power wasn't willing to give up his authority, and he had a father that didn't trust him. He held an empty title of Vice Director in the company.

During those years, Jeon Ji Yong had lived uncomfortably. Whenever he suggested an investment idea and associated plan for it, it was always rejected. In his social circle, he had been a laughingstock for many years.

After enduring this for a long time, his father finally retired. However, Old Master Jeon had chosen to promote the promising youth, Jungkook, to a position of power.

On the day that Jungkook was ushered into his new position, the grievances that Jeon Ji Yong had silently endured for many years suddenly erupted.

Jeon Ji Yong clearly understood that with Jungkook's abilities, he would never have another opportunity to advance as long as his son was around.

He had plenty of sons, but there was only one Jeon Family.

It was regrettable that the car accident hadn't been able to get rid of Jungkook, but a comatose Jungkook wasn't a threat to him. Since that time, Jeon Ji Yong had been thoroughly free of worries.

However, he would have never expected that Jungkook would wake up one day!

Jeon Ji Yong accelerated the transfer of assets. After busily toiling away for long hours at the company, he finally returned home.

In the dining room, Jungkook was sitting in a wheelchair. Ye Lisa had pushed the wheelchair over here until he was facing the dining table.

Old Master Jeon had been waiting in the head seat for a while. It was inevitable that his face would show unhappiness when he saw Jeon Ji Yong coming here late. "I called you before noon and told you to come home early today. Why did you only return home now?"

"I was busy at work, so I came home late." Jeon Ji Yong took off his coat and handed it off to a servant that was standing by the side. He sat down next to Old Master Jeon and looked at Jungkook, who was across the table. In a solemn voice, he said, "You finally woke up. Work on getting better first. Everything else can be discussed later."

Jungkook nodded. His attitude was neither cold nor mild. "I understand."

The relationship between this father and son par had always been like this. Everyone here was already used to it.

With a happy face, Mother Jeon kept adding food to Jungkook's bowl and urging him, "You just woke up. Eat light foods. It'll be better for your body."

On the side, Old Master Jeon said, "I've asked the doctor. Although Jungkook can't stand up right now, he's more than able to deal with the company's affairs. If you can't handle the work, you can share some of the burden with Jungkook."

Jeon Ji Yong was silent for a while before saying in a low voice, "Jungkook  should work on getting better for now. Let's talk about this after he's recovered."

Old Master Jeon's intentions were too obvious. He would rather a handicapped person be in charge than hand the Jeon Family's company to him!

"Oh, about that profile you gave me a few days ago, I found that person." Jeon Ji Yong was talking about the profile of Lin Eunwoo that Old Master Jeon had previously given him.

He had investigated the matter. In his group of illegitimate offspring, Lin Eunwoo could be considered the most capable one. He was sure that Old Master Jeon had also investigate this matter too.

Jeon Ji Yong had gained new understanding. As long as Jungkook wasn't dead, he would be returning to the company. However, if a new potential successor appeared and that person was as capable of Jungkook and had a sound body, how would Old Master Jeon choose?

Sure enough, Old Master Jeon paused after hearing Jeon Ji Yong's words. In no time at all, this astute and circumspect person calculated the pros and cons.

"Let's talk about this matter later."

By not vetoing on the spot, it indicated that Old Master Jeon was tempted.

Although he had no confidence in controlling Jungkook, how hard could it be to control a wet behind the ears youngster?