99

"Shen Jing! Sit down! Stop meddling and drawing attention to yourself!"

Mother Jeon, who was also sitting at the main table, seemed as if her attention was focused on the two main people on the stage, Jungkook and Lisa. But, she was actually listening to Mother Ye and her cousin's conversation. She pretended to not hear or notice anything. Her expression didn't change as she clapped.

After the applause died down, Mother Ye's cousin broke free from Mother Ye as well as Ye Ji Eun and rushed towards the stage.

On the stage, when Father Ye saw Shen Jing approaching, he knew that this woman was probably coming here to cause trouble. He quickly grabbed her and said, "What are you doing?! Go back!"

"Cousin-in-law, a kind-hearted person has been deceived. Lisa is your daughter, but isn't Ji Eun your daughter too? Parents can't be biased towards their children!"

"I'll explain the matter to you later. Go back to your seat. Stop embarrassing us!"

"Embarrassing? How is this embarrassing? How is demanding an explanation for their behavior embarrassing? I've never seen parents like you!" She pushed Father Ye away. Looking at Jungkook, she shouted, "Mr. Jeon, I have a question for you. The invitation that I received said this was Ji Eun and your wedding. Why did it become Lisa going up on the stage? How could you put our Ji Eun to the side?"

The venue music stopped. The master of ceremonies smiled and tried to smooth things over, but Jungkook stopped him.

He had originally intentioned to make this matter clear. The guests' discussions and gazes below the stage were too much, and it was displeasing to him.

Ye Lisa didn't seem like she minded, but he couldn't not care about this.

Jungkook casually glanced at Shen Jing. "Originally, I didn't want to talk about this because I didn't want to make your family look bad. After all, today is suppose to be a happy day. Lili and I got married. Saying these things would only ruin everyone's good mood."

He wrapped his arm around Ye Lisa's waist and held the microphone with his other hand. He said to the audience, "Everyone, I want to introduce someone. The person next to me, starting from today, she's my wife. Her name is Ye Lisa."

Jungkook looked at Ye Ji Eun. His gaze was like sharp arrows. Ye Ji Eun couldn't help but lower her head. She didn't dare look him in the eyes.

"Everyone should know that I got into a car accident a year ago, and I only woke up from my coma half a month ago. A month before I woke up, Lisa was the one by my side taking utmost care of me. I can say that if it wasn't for my wife's round-of-clock care, it would have been impossible for me to regain consciousness so quickly." Jungkook lowered his head to look at Ye Lisa. "I'm very grateful towards my wife for this."

"However, at the time, my wife came to the Jeon's under Ye Ji Eun's name. For a long time, this made me and my family think the person taking care of me was Ye Ji Eun instead of Ye Lisa. I don't know why Miss Ye Ji Eun would claim credit for taking care of me, but even if Ye Ji Eun looks exactly the same as her twin, there's no one that can replace Ye Lisa as my wife!"

Jungkook's words weren't straightforward. They were even a bit euphemistic. But, there were no idiots in the audience. Everyone could understand the implied meaning of his words.

In the end, didn't it just mean that Ye Lisa had taken care of Jungkook for a month, but she was replaced by Ye Ji Eun at the end. She wanted to take credit for Ye Lisa's hard work and marry into the Jeon family. She was just another person coveting wealth.

Shen Jing obviously didn't know the truth would turn out to be this. For a moment, she was too surprised to react. Embarrassment colored her face. "This... Something like this happened..."

Jungkook expressionlessly swept his gaze over the audience. "My wife, Ye Lisa, is a kind-hearted and gentle person. I hope that no one maliciously makes conjectures about her. I don't want to hear gossip about her later."

Everyone's gaze flitted back and forth between Ye Lisa and Ye Ji Eun. The Jeon's guests were still okay. They were people of wide knowledge and experience. They had seen all types of people before, so they weren't shocked by Ye Ji Eun's behavior. They merely looked at her without showing anything in their voices and expressions and quietly noted this information down.

Instead, it was the Ye's relatives and friends that couldn't keep quiet. Ye Ji Eun had always been outstanding since childhood, so it was inevitable that people would want to talk about her when her image had fallen to ruins in the span of a day.