40

.........

"Alright, what was it that you want to say to me?"

Ji Yong said, "I found the child that you asked me to look for, and he agreed to come back to the Jeon family.

Sitting on the office desk behind the desk, Old Master Jeon looked up in a neither cold nor indifferent gaze. "That illegitimate child of yours? He's called..." 

"Lin Eunwoo."

"Right, that Lin Eunwoo?"

"Exactly, it's him."

Old Master Jeon sneered. "Jungkook is already awake now. There's no need for anyone else. The Jeon family isn't a department store. Don't just bring anyone to the Jeon family."

Ji Yong grinded his back teeth, but in front of Old Master Jeon, he had to maintain a submissive demeanor. "But, you were the one that wanted me to investigate him." After a pause, Ji Yonh sighed and continued, "I know this matter is my fault to begin with, but in the past, I genuinely wanted to compensate him and his mother. But, that child has an obstaintant personality and wouldn't accept me as his father no matter what. He suffered a lot. His mom recently died. It was one thing when I didn't know, but now that I know, how could I just look on without lifting a finger? He's my son!"

"Your son?" Old Master Jeon rested his hands on his can and scoffed, "You only have one son, and it's Jungkook!"

Old Master Jeon valued propriety greatly. He never recognized the illegitimate children that Jeon Ji Yong had with his numerous lovers.

"I know that you feel I'm ignorant and incompetent. Everything is my fault. That child is innocent. I can't just stand by and do nothing while he suffers outside. Besides, you've seen Jungkook's condition. The doctor said there's serious damage below his waist. It's very possible that he'll never be able to stand again. Do you want a person in a wheelchair the manage the Jeon family's business? Furthermore, do you know that people like Jung kook, who woke up after having serious injuries and was in a coma for a while, will have many residual adverse health effects?"

Old Master Jeon was resting one hand over the other on his cane. He didn't say anything.

Jeon Jungkook knew Old Master Jeon's thoughts. Old Master Jeon had worked hard his entire life for the family company. Rather than say Old Master Jeon valued Jungkook, it was better to say that he valued Jungkook's abilities.

"I checked. Lin Eunwoo's abilities aren't weak. He's always ranked amongst the best since childhood and graduated from a famous school. There's no aspect that he loses out to Jungkook. You think that I'm doing this for myself, but I'm really doing this for our family's business. I'll speak frankly with you. I have a clear understanding of my abilities, and Jungkook is still recuperating. There has to be someone to take over the duties. What do you think?"

Old Master Jeon said in lowered voice, "Why do you know about Jungkook's condition so well?"

"As his father, of course I have to care about his health condition."

Old Master Jeon scoffed, "Do you really care?"

A father understood his son the best, so of course, he knew what Jeon Ji Yong was actually thinking. He was thinking that Jungkook would be difficult to manipulate, so he wanted to bring back someone that would be easy to manipulate.

However, Jeon Ji Yong's words did make sense.

Jungkook's physical condition wasn't good. Although Jungkook was still able to manage the family's company, Jeon Ji Yong's words weren't wrong either. The person in charge of the Jeon family couldn't be someone that sat in a wheelchair.

If Jungkook didn't have a lasting disability, that would be the best, but if not...

Old Master Jeon sighed. "Alright, go take care of this business."

Hearing Old Master Jeon's sigh, Jeon Ji Yong knew that he was close to getting what he wanted. He controlled the emotions showing on his face and quietly said, "Don't worry. I'll handle this matter well."