76-Stop Voting

"The person he loves is the one that wrote him over twenty love letters, worked alongside him at his job, and tirelessly took care of his mother when she was in the hospital. You were the one that did those things." Ye Ji Eun looked at her and quietly said, "If I hadn't discovered that you were the one that Lin Eunwoo likes, why would I return here? I can't steal your boyfriend from you. You're my younger sister and I hope that you'll be happy. I don't want you to entrust the rest of your life with someone that you don't like."

Ye Lisa had heard these words when she was eavesdropping outside the bathroom. But hearing Ye Ji Eun saying these words to her now, she truly felt an indescribable feeling of hypocrisy.

Ye Ji Eun took her phone out and called Lin Eunwoo. "If you don't believe me, I'll help you ask him!" 

The call was picked up within two rings. WIthout waiting for Lin Eunwoo to speak, Ye Ji Eun asked, "Lin Eunwoo, is the one that you like me or my younger sister?"

For a while, there was no sound from the other side of the call. The three people mutually stayed silent to listen. Finally, they heard Lin Eunwoo sigh and say. "Ji Eun, let's talk about later, okay?"

Ye Ji Eun sneered and hanged up. Looking at Ye Lisa, she said, "See, he doesn't dare to answer the question!"

Ye Lisa's eyebrows furrowed even more.

For now, let's not consider if Ye Ji Eum was speaking the truth or not. What was up with Lin Eunwoo's attitude towards Ye Ji Eun? In the novel, they had pledged undying love and to never leave each other. Why was he so hesitant in answering now?

Even if he had mistaken Ye Ji Eun for her back then and found out the truth now, they had been together for three years in a loving relationship. How could feelings that had developed over three years not be deep enough? It had only taken a few words from Ye Ji Eun to make him indecisive. What happened to being committed and faithful?

Scumbag!

Seeing that Ye Lisa was remaining silent, Ye Ji Eun took a deep breath. Her eyes gradually turned red. "Lili, I'm sorry, really."

With the past being brought up, Ye Ji Eu  seemed as if she truly felt very guilty. "If I could have known earlier that the one he likes is you, I really wouldn't have competed with you for him and you wouldn't have taken my place in marrying someone that you didn't like." 

Ye Lisa couldn't stand looking at Ye Ji Eun's "I'm so pitiful and horribly wronged" look. Looking at this hypocritical little white flower, it felt as if she was looking at hazardous materials that shouldn't be approached.

"Can you... can you give me Lin Eu woo's phone number? There something I want to ask him."

Ye Ji Eun was thrilled. She knew it! Ye Lisa couldn't give up on Lin Eunwoo! Her tensed nerves  immediately relaxed, but her face didn't betray the change in her emotions. "Okay."

As Ye Lisa dialed Lin Eunwoo's phone number, she looked at Ye Ji Eun and Mother Ye and quietly said, "I want to talk to him in private."

Ye Ji Eun very understandingly pulled Mother Ye out of the room with her as she left.

Lin Eunwoo picked up Ye Lisa's call after the two women left.

It was only after Ye Lisa heard a tired sound on the other end of the phone that she smiled and said, "Lin Eunwoo, this is Ye Lisa. The Ye Lisa that did all those things for you. I have a favor to ask of you."

Since Ye Ji Eun so badly wanted to be the villain's wife, she could have it.

She would give her this spot in advance as well as the future of being behind the barred window of a prison cell.

***

Mrs. Jeon discussed the wedding with Father Ye and Mother Ye all day and didn't say her goodbyes until it was dusk.

She looked at Ye Lisa, who was standing on the stairs, and said with a smile, "Ji Eun, Jungkook will come here to pick you up on the 10th of the next month. At that time, you have to be prepared to officially become the Jeon family's daughter-in-law."

Ye Lisastroked the diamond ring on her ring finger and nodded. "Okay."