viii.

As the full moon approached, Isla was growing nervous. She knew that it was only hours until her mother was going to kill her siblings. She knew that in order to stop the spell, she would have to face her mother, but she didn't know how.

The first thing she needed to do was to locate her mother. Isla figured a tracking spell would do the trick. She grabbed a map of the town and a knife from the kitchen. Now she had everything she needed.

With a quick slice of her palm, Isla dropped some of her blood on the map. She then closed her eyes and hovered her hands over the map.

"Sequitur." she muttered the spell and the blood began to move. She opened her eyes to see the blood moving to a house in the woods.

She ran through the woods until she got to the house. Once she got there, she could see two witches, Finn, and her mother. Isla hid in the bushes to wait for the right moment, and to be sure she wasn't seen by anyone. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see her other siblings walking toward the fire.

Once they stopped walking, Esther started to talk to them.

"My sons, come forward." Finn held out his arm.

"Stay beside me."

"It's okay." she responded. "They can't enter." Kol stepped towards them, but the flames reached higher. Isla sighed. Guess this reunion would be sooner than she thought.

"That's lovely." Kol said. "We're stuck out here while the favorite son plays sacrificial lamb. How pathetic you are, Finn."

"Be quiet, Kol." Esther responded. "Your brother knows virtue you cannot even imagine." Elijah shook his head.

"Whatever you think of us, killing your own children would be an atrocity." Isla looked around. She had to act now. She closed her hand into a fist. The fire went out. As her siblings and her mother looked around to find the source of the magic, she stepped out of the bushes.

"Like robbing your child of a thousand years?" All eyes turned to the blonde. Her siblings were shocked, and Esther's eyes widened. Isla gulped, but stayed strong. She couldn't falter. Not now. "Hello mother. Surprised to see me?"

"Isla? What are you doing here? You're..." Esther stammered, to which Isla folded her arms.

"Dead? No, I'm not, although you knew that." Isla turned her gaze to Finn. "I know she never told Elijah, but did she tell you?" She looked around. "Did any of you know?" Esther frowned.

"How did you get out?" Isla gestured to Elijah.

"He found me, and woke me up. He also told me how many years had gone by." She held her hand out in front of her. This sent Esther flying back.

"What are you talking about? What did she do?" Klaus asked. Isla tried to keep the tears in her eyes from falling.

"She put me under a sleeping spell." She turned back to her mother. "For a THOUSAND YEARS!" Esther stood up. Finn looked at her.

"Is this true?" Esther sighed.

"It doesn't matter. Because you will all be dead in a moment." All of a sudden, she shuddered. Isla could feel that the something was off. She smiled. "No." Esther yelled. "Sisters, do not abandon me." The flames burned again, and they burned higher. Finn grabbed her and moved her out of the fire.

Once the fire was out, Isla could see that Esther was gone. She sighed, her breath hitching. She was trying so hard not to cry. Slowly, she turned back to her brothers. Elijah walked over to her and hugged her. She looked over at Klaus and Kol.

"I think there's a lot we have to catch up on."