xviii.

The next morning, Isla came downstairs to see Klaus getting ready to go. He looked up at her and smiled as if he hadn't just killed a woman last night. 

"Good morning, little sister. I'm going to check on our hunter friend. Care to join me?" Isla stopped in her tracks and folded her arms, glaring at him. "Oh come on, we've already established that I've killed people." Isla avoided eye contact with him. 

"We've established. It doesn't mean I like it. I'm not going with you." He sighed. 

"Alright. Fine. I'll be back." Isla sighed. 

Isla stood in front of the entrance to the school. She wanted to go to the memorial. She felt bad, after all, seeing the woman killed right in front of her. Isla pulled, but the handle wouldn't budge. 

"Are you kidding me?" She held out her hand in front of her. "Dissera portus." Chains dropped, and the door opened. She walked inside to find the hallways empty. The brunette sighed. She must have just missed it. 

Isla wandered the halls, looking around for anyone. Hearing voices, she followed to the library. She opened the door to see Elena, Stefan, and Caroline sitting at a table with some guy and...

"Rebekah?" All eyes turned to the brunette Mikaelson. Rebekah sighed. 

"Isla. You shouldn't be here." 

"On the contrary, Rebekah." Isla turned her gaze to see her brother Kol. "I think we could use her." Rebekah sighed, grabbing the man. 

"All right. Let's go." She took the man outside, and Kol followed. Isla sighed, joining them. They pushed the man into a closet. The man pointed at them. 

"Kol... and Rebekah Mikaelson. Two members of the original vampire family. This is such a trip." Rebekah stepped forward to compel him. 

"Where is the cure?" She asked, but the man did not answer. 

"Compulsion won't work. It's a little trick I picked up in Tibet." Rebekah sighed. 

"Right. Well, we'll just have to do this the old fashioned way." She turned to Isla and Kol. "Beat him until he tells you where to find it. And feel free to use magic." She left the closet. Kol approached the man. 

Almost immediately, Kol grabbed the man and plunged his head in the sink in the closet. 

"Where is the cure?" He asked, keeping the man's head underwater. Isla sighed, folding her arms. 

"You know he can't hear you, right?" Kol turned his head to his sister. 

"Got any better ideas?" Isla sighed. 

"At least take his head out of the water. You won't get any information out of him if you kill him." Kol huffed, taking the man's head out of the water, once again asking where the cure was. Before the man had a chance to answer, Rebekah opened the door to the closet. The man said nothing, and so Kol plunged his head under for a few more seconds. 

"You're human. Why do you want the cure anyway?" Rebekah asked the man, who chuckled.

"That's the beauty of this." He sighed, dropping his head. "You can have it. I just want Silas." At the mention of the name, Kol's blood ran cold. He pulled the man up into a standing position. 

"What do you know about Silas?" Kol asked. Isla could feel the slight fear in his voice. She didn't know who this Silas was, but if he scared Kol, he scared Isla. 

"He's the world's first immortal being, who just happens to be imprisoned with the cure. And I want to free him." Kol shook his head, plunging him back into the water. This time, he had no intention on bringing him out of the water. Isla tensed up. A small part of her enjoyed watching the man drowning, and she hated herself for it. 

"Stop!" Rebekah shouted, and Kol brought the man up for air. "He's of no use dead." 

"Did you not hear what he said?" Kol protested. "Silas will kill us all, sister." Rebekah shook her head. 

"Silas does not exist. He is a fairy tale made up to scare children into eating their vegetables." Kol started pacing around the room, in a panic. 

"Silas is very real." The three Mikaelsons turned their attention to the dripping man, who had finally caught his breath. "I know where he's buried, and soon I'll have the spell that wakes him." Kol shook his head. 

"Wait a second, you're lying. You can't get to him without his-" 

"Tombstone?" The man finished Kol's sentence. "Dozens to die in a blood sacrifice? Believe me, I know. I've done it. Those massacres are a pain to engineer." All of a sudden, it dawned on Rebekah. 

"You're the one who got the council blown up." The man nodded. 

"It was a noble sacrifice. And temporary. Because once I raise Silas, Silas will raise the dead. He will bring back every last soul who died on his behalf." Kol grabbed a broom and rushed over to stab the man with it. 

"No!" Rebekah yelled at Kol. He stepped back, running a hand through his hair. 

"You should be thanking me." Rebekah frowned. 

"You killed my only chance at finding the cure." 

"Silas on the loose would be hell on earth. And frankly, sister, I don't think you could handle it." He pulled out the white oak stake, holding it for Rebekah to see. As they argued some more, Isla bent down to eye level with the man. She held a hand out over him, trying to heal him. She didn't like the idea of this Silas guy, but Rebekah deserved a chance at the cure. Before she could start though, Kol grabbed her arm. 

"No." She was pulled onto her feet. "Don't." Isla huffed, breaking free of his grasp. He left the closet, Rebekah following him. Isla took one look back at the man, then followed her older siblings out.