xxi.

The next day, Isla was sitting in the foyer reading through her mother's grimoire, trying to find a memory spell, when Rebekah opened the door. She looked around, and her eyes set on Isla. 

"Where's Nik?" Isla shrugged, pointing up the stairs. 

"He should be up there." Rebekah nodded, and she turned her gaze to Klaus, who was coming down the stairs. 

"You were right. The girl, Cami – she's the key. Marcel likes her, and because of that I got to see the secret weapon of his that you've been going on about." Klaus folded his arms, interested. 

"Well, don't stand on ceremony. What is it?" Rebekah sighed. 

"It's not a 'what', it's a 'who'. A girl, Davina. She can't be more than sixteen, and I have never felt power like that." Isla looked up from her book. 

"A witch?" Both Mikaelsons turned to their younger sister. Rebekah nodded. 

"She's not just any witch, she's something I've never seen before, something beyond powerful, and now because of you she has Elijah. Who knows what she could do to him." Klaus looked back at Rebekah. 

"Where is she?" Rebekah opened her mouth to speak, but then tilted her head. 

"That clever bitch. I don't know. She wiped my memory of the location." She glared at Klaus, her anger rising.  "Marcel possesses a weapon bigger and more powerful than an Original, and you handed our brother to him! How many times will Elijah forgive you? How long until his hope for your redemption finally dies?" 

"I did what I had to do! Marcel took our home." Klaus yelled back. 

"And our home is worthless without family." She sighed. "I am finding Elijah – whatever it takes. Are you going to help me?" Klaus thought about it for a moment, then nodded. 

"Whatever it takes." 

 Later that day, Klaus was disposing the bodies that Rebekah had killed. As soon as he came back inside, he and Rebekah started talking. 

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!" Rebekah complained to her older brother. The hybrid scoffed. 

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child!" Isla looked up from her book and shot Klaus a sarcastic look. Rebekah noticed her sister's look and chuckled. 

"Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven." Klaus was about to respond but was interrupted by said werewolf coming down the stairs. She was carrying Elijah's diary in her hand. 

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is." Klaus smirked. 

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love-- my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" Rebekah picked up a pencil and angrily threw it at her brother. Klaus caught it before it could hit him in the face. Hayley sighed, ignoring the Mikaelson drama. 

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?" 

"In the front, if we're being specific." Klaus corrected, earning an eye roll from both Rebekah and Isla. Hayley folded her arms. 

"You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Klaus sat up straight. 

"Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy-- he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly--" He turned to Rebekah, gesturing for her to speak. "Sister, please." Rebekah sighed, continuing the plan. 

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back." Isla tilted her head. There was no way that it would be that easy. Hayley was as dumbfounded as Isla. 

"That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?" Rebekah shook her head. 

"Please! Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical." Klaus nodded. 

"And that's only the Plan A, love! There's always a Plan B." Hayley raised an eyebrow, skeptical. 

"And what's Plan B?" Klaus smiled deviously. 

"War."