liv.

The plan was underway. Everything was set up to get the werewolf kids out of the Quarter. Hayley was in charge of the kids, Elijah was setting the diversion, and Isla was in charge of cloaking the kids until they got to their destination.

It was all going smoothly, until Isla's phone rang. Isla ignored it since it was not one of her siblings calling her, and the call eventually ended. But after a while, it started ringing again. Isla groaned, keeping her eyes closed as she hoped that whoever was calling would give up. After five minutes, Isla ended the cloaking, hoping that things would be fine. She picked up the phone and hesitantly pressed accept.

"Hello?" She asked, wary about who was calling her.

"Isla Mikaelson. Just the person I wanted to talk to." A familiar voice rang out through the phone. Isla sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Hi Damon." This was the wrong time to be getting a phone call from Damon Salvatore.

"You know, I've been trying to call you for the past ten minutes." Isla sighed.

"I've been a bit busy with my mother coming back from the dead again. What do you want?" Damon sighed.

"How would you like to come up to Mystic Falls? I need your help with a witch thing." He asked. Isla rolled her eyes.

"What, are you fighting with Bonnie or something? Isn't she your go-to witch?" Damon sighed on the other end of the phone.

"That's actually what this help is with. Bonnie is stuck in a prison world, and we need a witch to help figure out how to get her back. So we need you to come to Mystic Falls." Isla shook her head.

"I can't leave New Orleans right now. There's too much going on, my mom is trying to kill my siblings." There were a few minutes of silence on the other end.

"Remember how Stefan and I let you live in our home when you woke up from that box? After we found you and helped reunite you with Elijah?" Isla sighed.

"And there are no other witches you can call?"

"None that owe me a favor. And besides, how many times has your mom come back from the dead? She'll probably still be alive by the time you finish helping us." There was a pause. "So, are you in?" Isla looked around, assessing the situation. If she went up to Virginia, worst case scenario, her siblings could ask Davina for help. And after everything Damon and Stefan did for her, the least she could do was help out. She closed her eyes.

"Alright. Fine. I'm in." She heard a sigh of relief on the other end of the phone.

"Great. Just letting you know, Mystic Falls has a no-magic spell on it right now, so we're at Whitmore College, which is just an hour away. See you there." With that, he hung up the phone. Isla set her phone down, putting her head in her hands.

She walked out of her room and down the stairs to find Klaus. She didn't have to look far because he was sitting at one of the tables, covered in blood. As soon as she saw the blood, she sprinted down the stairs.

"Is that blood? Are you okay?" Klaus sighed, nodding.

"Davina brought Mikael back to life, so I went to confront her. I ended up fighting him, so some of this blood is his, some of it's mine." Isla looked at him, frowning.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Klaus chuckled.

"You worry about me too much. Mikael is in the trunk of my car with Papa Tunde's blade in his heart. He won't be getting up any time soon." Isla sat down in the chair next to him. She sighed, gearing up to tell him.

"I'm glad you're okay. Because I have to leave town for a bit." Klaus furrowed his brows, confused. "Basically, I owe Damon Salvatore a favor and that involves me going up to Mystic Falls. Apparently, Bonnie Bennett is stuck in a prison world and they need my help to get her out." Klaus thought about it for a moment, then chuckled to himself.

"The Salvatore brothers have really bad timing." Isla nodded, smiling.

"I know, tell me about it." She sighed, folding her arms. "Are you guys going to be okay if I go?" Klaus looked at Isla.

"We will be fine. Go up to Mystic Falls. And while you're up there, tell Caroline I said hello." Isla laughed.

"I'll make sure to do that. And I'll try to come back as soon as we get Bonnie back. Don't want to miss the fight completely." Klaus smiled, and Isla stood up. "Can you tell Elijah that I'm leaving? I would, but he's busy and I have to go soon." Klaus nodded, standing up as well. The two siblings hugged each other and Isla went back upstairs to finish packing.

An hour later, Isla was in a cab on her way to the airport. She didn't feel comfortable driving long distances yet as she had just learned how to drive a few months ago. She was able to get to the airport and get on the plane on time. As the plane left the airport, Isla looked out the window.

She had no idea what she was getting herself into by agreeing to this.