xv.

A few days had gone by since Isla found out that Klaus was still alive. Since then, Klaus had left Mystic Falls and was headed for Chicago. Elijah and Kol were gone, and Rebekah and Isla were still in Mystic Falls. She didn't like it, but she had to accept the fact that over the past thousand years, her siblings were not as close as they once were. 

She tried to act normal. She went to school with Rebekah, and even enjoyed some of her classes. But now, there was a vampire hunter on the loose. Even though he couldn't kill her siblings, Isla still worried for Rebekah. It's not like the blonde was being cautious. 

Any chance Rebekah got to terrorize Elena, she took. She would feed on people in broad daylight and taunt Elena with the blood. 

Plus, to make matters worse, Rebekah was now hosting a party. Isla didn't hate parties, but she didn't love them either. It was hard when the only person she knew at parties was a vampire. 

As the party went on downstairs, Isla stayed upstairs in her room. She lied on her bed, trying to block out the music playing both inside and outside. It felt like Rebekah had been throwing parties all week, and Isla could not get any sleep. 

Eventually, she gave up on trying to block out the noise and went downstairs for a drink. When she got downstairs, she saw Rebekah staring at herself in the mirror. She almost brushed it off as vanity until she saw the expression on her older sister's face. 

"Rebekah?" The blonde turned her head to face her sister. "Are you okay?" Rebekah sighed, and put on a smile. 

"Of course I am." She went to take a step, but she stumbled. Isla held out her arms, ready to catch Rebekah, but Rebekah didn't fall. Instead, she hurried upstairs. Isla couldn't shake Rebekah's worried expression. 

That night, Isla tossed and turned. Images kept flashing in her mind, but she did not know where they were from. It felt like that dream she had right after she woke up from the spell. The same forest. But this was different. There were different images. They were short, but they were there. 

She could see a big white house. She saw children running around. She saw a silhouette of a boy. Even though it was dark, she could tell that the boy was looking at her. The image changed to nighttime in the same forest. This time she was surrounded by silhouettes. One silhouette came forward into the light, and revealed itself to be Esther. Isla felt herself backing up, but Esther pressed two fingers to Isla's forehead. 

As soon as Esther pressed her fingers to Isla's forehead, she woke up. The room was dark, and Isla was sweating. She went to the bathroom to wash her face. Maybe that would help calm her down. 

As she looked at herself in the mirror, she couldn't help but think about the images that flashed through her mind. The house looked so familiar, and something about the boy in the silhouette... 

All of a sudden, the shower went off. Water started spraying all over the place. Isla ran over to shut off the water. As soon as the water stopped, Isla put her hands on her hips. She didn't know what was going on.