xxx.

Isla sulked around the compound. It was bad enough that Hayley was stuck here, unable to help the werewolves. Did Isla really need to stay inside the compound? Yet every time she tried to leave, one of the vampires would block the door. 

At some point during the day, Elijah and Rebekah came by to make sure Hayley was okay. This resulted in the three of them going to protect the werewolves. Isla didn't really have any interest. 

After a little while, Isla heard a knock on her door. She turned around to see Klaus in the doorway. 

"How would you like to go on a trip to visit a witch?" Isla stood up straighter. "Marcel and I are going to talk to her about moving her in to the compound, but maybe we can talk to her about this memory spell." Isla nodded. 

"Really?" Klaus smiled. 

"Let's go." 

Isla didn't know much about New Orleans, but she knew she liked walking around. The short distance from the compound to the church was short, but she enjoyed looking at everything. When they got to the church, Isla noticed a crowd gathering. Klaus ignored them and walked right in, Isla following him. 

Davina's room was in the church attic, at the top of a flight of stairs. When they got to the top, Isla could see Marcel and Davina talking. 

"Plus, there's excellent light in the afternoon." Klaus barged right into Marcel's conversation, walking over to the pair. Isla stood with her back against the wall. "I see you're an artist. Wonderful. I look forward to witnessing your many talents." The girl turned to Marcel, upset. 

"Was this his idea?" Klaus didn't give Marcel the chance to speak.

"Davina, please. I understand you're devoted to Marcel, but Marcel is devoted to me. I assume you want what's best for all of us." There was a moment of silence, and Klaus walked past her. He said something to Marcel, then looked at Isla. Isla raised an eyebrow and Klaus sighed. "One more thing." Davina turned to face him. "I have a favor to ask." Davina frowned. 

"So you're basically kidnapping me, and now you want a favor." Klaus shook his head. 

"This favor isn't for me." He gestured to Isla. "It's for her." Davina looked at Isla, who gave a small wave. "You see, she had some of her memories erased, and the spell used to erase her memories is very old." Isla sighed. 

"And I would do the spell myself." She saw Davina's head tilt. "But I can't do this spell on myself, I need another witch." Davina folded her arms. 

"Wait, you're a witch?" Isla nodded. Klaus motioned for her to come over, and once she was within reach, Klaus put an arm around her shoulder. 

"Davina, meet my little sister Isla. Isla, this is Davina." Isla wanted to bury her face in her hands out of embarrassment. Davina noticed the expression on the other witch's face. She looked at Marcel. Isla sighed. 

"Look, you don't have to do this, Davina." Davina looked back at the blonde. "I know this is a lot to ask right now. But if you help me, I will seriously owe you one. Whatever it is." Davina thought about it for a moment. 

"Alright, fine." Isla beamed. "But he has to go." She pointed at Klaus, who chuckled. He whispered something to Marcel, and the two vampires left. Once they were gone, Isla scrambled to get the piece of paper containing the spell out of her pocket. "So are you really Klaus's sister? Because I've only heard of Klaus having one sister." Isla handed the paper to Davina.

"It's a long story. But basically, my mother put me under a sleeping spell to hide the fact that I am a product of an affair. Thousand years later, Elijah woke me up." She answered Davina's question. "Apparently, I woke up at some point in those thousand years, but my mother erased my memories of that time." Davina nodded, inspecting the piece of paper.

"Is this from your mom's spell book?" Isla nodded. "Elijah gave me a page with an unlinking spell." 

"To help you control your magic, right?" Davina raised an eyebrow. 

"Did Elijah tell you that?" She put the piece of paper down on a table, getting ready to do the spell. Isla nodded. Davina lit a candle and placed it on the floor. She gestured for Isla to sit down on the floor, and Isla sat down. 

"Thank you for doing this, by the way." Isla remarked. Davina looked at the paper, reading the spell to herself, then sitting down facing Isla. 

"Don't thank me yet." She sighed, holding her hands up. "This is probably gonna hurt." She closed her eyes and started to chant. Immediately, Isla felt a sharp pain in the back of her head. She brought a hand to her head to try to stop the pain, but as the teenage witch kept chanting, the pain only grew. 

Isla bent down to curl into herself to stop the pain. This was some of the worst pain she'd ever felt in her life. Eventually, her body went limp and she fell to the ground, her eyes closing.