Chapter 3: Strategy

(Y/n)'s POV

After drawing our lots the first battle began almost immediately with Shinso being on class A's team for this round. The battle was just about to begin, but I was more concerned with my opponents.

I looked over at them from the spot where I was sitting. I had already fought Kiku once before during the sports festival and got to see what she was made of during our internship with my dad, but I had no idea what to expect from her teammate, Chikara. Just by looking at this guy I could tell he'd been lifting for a long time. His hair was brown and short and his eyes were emerald green. His hero costume consisted of metal gauntlets on each of his arms and an exposed torso, showing off pecks and abs that've seen years of training and sculpting.

(Y/n): ...yeah, I'm jealous.

Zenko: what's with that look?

As I was lost in my own thoughts I failed to notice Zenko watching me. I turned to him.

(Y/n): uh, j-just thinking.

He looked over to Chikara before smiling and turning back to me.

Zenko: ya know, there's a couple secrets to fighting big guys like that...

He knelt down and put his hand on my shoulder.

Zenko: when fighting villains that are clearly stronger than you, you've gotta counter their strength by being faster, more agile, make your next move before they can make theirs. Another is that villains who are mainly focused around brawn tend to roll with a brain.

He pointed over at Kiku as her and Chikara seemed to be talking strategy.

Zenko: if there's a duo of villains with this sort of dynamic you've gotta treat it like a zombie movie and go for the brain. Once they're out of the picture, the brawn won't have any idea what to do and will hit you with everything they've got, which is the perfect opportunity to take them down. When villains go all out like that they enter a state of tunnel vision and loses focus of anything that isn't killing you. Use that to your advantage.

???: ha, I see you 2 are talking strategy. Wouldn't it be cheating to get advice from a pro right before a training assignment.

We both looked over, only to see my dad and All Might standing there.

Zenko: oh hey, Patient Zero, what're you doing here?

Byoki: eh, I'm substituting for Nemuri, I figured just watching a few student brawl wouldn't be too hard to do.

(Y/n): why isn't she here?

Byoki: I had to hold back her hair in the bathroom this morning while she threw up, put the pieces together, you'll figure it out.

(Y/n): is she ok?

Byoki: she's fine, it's just morning sickness. She's just disappointed she couldn't be here for this. So...here I am. If I don't get record all the fights she'll kill me. That and...her and Present Mic made a bet, she's got money on you, sooooo...good luck.

(Y/n): gee, thanks.

He winced as he heard the sarcastic tone in my voice. To be honest, it wasn't must of a surprise with me being her son and Kiku being Present Mic's niece, I'm sure it's not the first time they've done this.

(A/n) short chapter, but it's done. So yeah, I replaced midnight with Patient Zero for this arc because I wanted something to happen due to her pregnancy. So for those of you who wish Midnight was here, here's a gif of cute midnight to tie you over)

 So for those of you who wish Midnight was here, here's a gif of cute midnight to tie you over)