Chapter 7.5: Special Project

???'s POV

I arrived back at the lab at about 4:36 in the morning. As I walked passed all the glass tank which contained various Nomus I turned the corner and found the doctor examining one of the new specimens. He turned and saw me.

Garaki: oh, you're back already?

???: unlike most villains I don't like to waist any of my valuable escape time by monologuing or getting one last hit in. I was in and out, simple as that.

It was then that I felt something rubbing up against my leg. I looked down and saw a revolting ball of altered matter with a wide smile plastered onto its face. I reeled back my leg before kicking it across the room.

???: I thought I told you to keep those disgusting things away from me.

Garaki: like them or not, Mocha and Johnny are just as important to our cause as you are.

I quickly grabbed him by the collar of his coat and looked him dead in the eye.

???: unlike them I'm not a babbling pile of genetically altered flesh and bone with my sorry excuse for a brain exposed. These Nomus only serve as tools while we are the ones to use them for our own needs. Are you calling me a tool, old man?

Garaki: n-no, not at all! Forget I said anything!

I dropped him.

Garaki: a-anyway, were you able to get what you needed?

???: yeah, managed to scare the apple juice piss out of the kid too, he'll probably think he just had a nightmare though.

Garaki: the fact that you can say that with a straight face is disturbing.

We began walking through the rows of Nomu tanks.

???: anyway, any updates on whatever the brat's doing?

Garaki: yes, Tomura and the rest of the league are laying low for now. Don't wanna raise any unwanted attention, you know.

???: and what about Machia?

Garaki: he's still lumbering around with that radio around his neck.

???: so nothing new. How about my special project?

Garaki: oh yes, it's coming along perfectly. The material you brought wasn't much, but it was definitely enough.

???: good, everything's going just how it should be.

The doctor sighed.

Garaki: *under breath* to think All for One would take this guy in as a disciple.

???: what was that?

Garaki: n-nothing! Anyway, I haven't had time to work on your project because I'm still modifying these new high end Nomus. I'm planning on continuing that when I'm done with them.

???: hm...

As the doctor was looking away, I quickly smacked the back of his head, knocking his goggles off.

Garaki: OW!

???: you will continue working on my request until it's done. Once the brat gets here you can focus on him and then the Nomus. In All for One's absence you are to follow my orders, am I clear?

Garaki: I ALREADY TOLD YOU, I NEED TO MAKE SURE THE HIGH ENDS ARE PERFECT, AND IF YOU THINK YOU CAN ORDER ME AROUND JUST BECAUSE ALL FOR ONE ISN'T HERE, THEN YOU'RE-...

His eyes widened as a greenish hue gazed over his eyes before quickly fading.

Garaki: ...consider it done.

???: good, now get back to it...

Garaki: as you wish, Sorano Sheru.

Sorano: and stop calling me by name, I thought I told you, call me "Mastermind".