Chapter 9: The Blood Sucker

(Y/n)'s POV

After being briefed on our mission by Zenko, or "The Boss" as everyone else seems to call him, we were separated into pairs. Zenko went off on his own which left us to choose our partners. I was given first pick, so I chose to pair up with Nightflyer. Mosura seem a bit bummed, but we eventually split up in search of "The Back-alley Hellions".

As we both walked, I noticed that Nightflyer was being unusually quite, like Amajiki levels of quiet. He let out an open mouth yawn, as he rubbed his eyes like he'd just woken up 5 minutes ago.

Nightflyer: I'm sorry if it feels like I'm not acknowledging you. I'm just really tried right now.

(Y/n): oh, it's no problem. Trust me, there's this third year at UA that was the exact same way when I first met him.

He yawned again.

Nightflyer: I usually do missions like this at night so my sleep schedule is in tatters at the moment.

(Y/n): you wanna stop for a coffee or an energy drink or something?

Nightflyer: no, that stuff will just mess up your body. The boss doesn't seem to think so though.

I made an attempted to keep the conversation going.

(Y/n): so...why do you usually do missions at night?

Nightflyer: my quirk is more effective when the sun is completely set.

(Y/n): and...what is your quirk exactly?

Nightflyer: ...

He stayed silent for a few seconds before reaching for his belt and lifting up a vial of some red liquid.

(Y/n): is the what I think it is?

Nightflyer: yeah, it's blood.

I just looked at him with a thousand yard stare until he reassured me.

Nightflyer: don't worry, I'm not like that freak from The League of Villains. The blood I use is given by blood donors. Whenever I drink blood it make me more useful in certain scenarios.

Present Mic: Zenko Agency Sidekick, Nightflyer. His quirk, Vampirism. His quirk basically turns him into a vampire. With this quirk he's able to drink blood to restore or increase his vitality, walk on walls and the ceiling, and fly short distances. However, with this quirk he's weakened by direct sunlight, does not cast a shadow or reflection, and is allergic to garlic.

(Y/n): so you're a vampire.

Nightflyer: essentially.

(Y/n): do you like...sparkle is sunlight?

Nightflyer: oh god, you have no idea how many girls asked me that in highschool. People hear that you're a vampire and they're immediately like "marry me" "I wanna be a vampire like you". But it doesn't work like that, I can't turn someone into a vampire, it's a misconception.

(Y/n): alright, sorry I brought it up.

Nightflyer: don't worry about it, it just annoys me when people assume other popular features about me. Let's get a few things clear. I can't turn into a bat, the sun doesn't kill me or make me sparkle, I can't turn people into vampires, I don't have rock hard abs, and I'm not immortal. Is that clear?

(Y/n): y-yeah...

Just then I heard a quiet yet audible rumbling sound. It was his stomach.

Nightflyer: alright, I'm starving. Let's grab a quick bite.

He immediately took a sharp left turn and walked into a restaurant, I didn't even noticed that was there. I quickly followed him. We sat down with him ordering a rare steak, not surprising. I just ordered a bowl of pasta.

After eating Nightflyer patted his gut and laid back in his chair.

Nightflyer: that hit the spot. I do much better with work on a full stomach.

Just as the check was set down on the table Nightflyer's phone rang. He checked it.

Nightflyer: oh, it's Blobulus.

He set the down on the table and put it on speaker.

Nightflyer: hello?

Blobulus: NIGHTFLYER, YOU AND THE KID GOTTA GET HERE QUICK, THE HELLIONS ARE ON THE MOVE!

Nightflyer: alright, where are you?

Blobulus: WE'RE NEAR THAT WEIRD COMIC SHOP ON THE EAST SIDE OF TOWN!

He quickly hung up before slamming some cash on the table grabbing my wrist and rushing toward the door. However just before we left, Nightflyer stopped, turned to the whole restaurant, and bowed.

Nightflyer: thank you for the excellent meal.

And with that he dragged me out the door.