Chapter 2: Thoughts of Encouragement

By the time we made it to the headquarters where the hashira estates were and the leader of the hashira. I was a bit nervous and I didn't understand why.

Uzui gave me a glance noticing how I was a bit stiff while walking near the butterfly mansion.

"Hey, don't get all tensed up to loosen up and get into the Spirit to fight" Uzui booms and clutches his fist up.

I stared at him like he was crazy for a minute but he chuckles and faces where we are heading and sighed.

"You don't seem the type to be a High Spirited Demon slayer, But in fact, a Silent, observant type to kill the enemies when they come to you," Uzui thought out loud. He put his hand on his chin and thought for a moment before looking at me.

"Not that it's a bad thing, but it's unique in its own way. Matter of fact I kinda like it " Uzui smiled at me which made me get embarrassed for some reason and turn to stare at the butterfly mansion.

I couldn't understand nor comprehend why I was embarrassed about his comment, It wasn't a bad feeling in me.  It was just a strange aura that came to me and caused my body to activate an adrenaline rush with the urge to facepalm and cover my face due to his comment and to myself. I like to admit it's very hard to explain when you haven't experienced it for a while.

"I made you embarrassed didn't I, Great! be more embarrassed I love your reactions," Uzui says as I can sense him looking at me the entire time he was talking to me. I saw some hashira slowly coming from the gate from their missions they did from what I assume yesterday or whenever they received a mission.

"No you didn't, I don't know what you're talking about but your ego is getting too high to where I'm going to have to diminish it," I said trying to hide whatever I felt at the moment by having a monotone facial expression.

Uzui laughed until we stopped at the headquarter estate where I saw all the other hashira were.

I stopped walking while uzui went ahead he turn his head a bit to see me.

"Hang around here kid, I'll be back after the meeting" uzui smiled before turning his head back towards the direction he was going. I stayed silent as his figure disappeared and the area became a peaceful scene.

I walked around looking at the pretty trees as my feet dug into the pebbled path moving the perfect pattern that was left there now disturbed.

My haori was moving gracefully as I saw the estates and the river. The water was clear as day and the slight gentle sounds were heard in the background as I looked around more.

I took out my hair from the ponytail that was causing me to have a headache every time I turned my head. 

"I never thought a day would come when I would be brought here... especially to be trained under a hashira of all things," I said to myself quietly as I looked at the estate that is in the distance.

I explored a bit before sitting on the wooden floor where the shaded area was so the sun wouldn't blind me constantly.  As I waited I heard footsteps come moments later, I turned to see it was uzui back from the meeting.

His stare was neutral as he stopped to look at me and thought for a moment.

"Why are you here again?"

"Please don't tell me you have some kind of brain damage," I said out bluntly and he continued his same stare for a moment before his facial expression changed