Chapter 5: Growth of a Friendship

I was sitting on the floor of the estate as I watched Shinobu and mitsuri talked to uzui about what ever the head master said at the meeting this morning

I touched my bandaged wrist Uzui put on. My wrist got slashed by the wood sword when I was fighting against him in training today. The wind was silent today and the still movement didn't move the leaves nor small strands of my hair.

I drew a small drawing of my name on the dirt that was exposed from the rocks being moved by ours feet lifting off the ground.

I wish it would stay there as a marking of that I was here at the estate where I met a hashira for the first time.

A marking that would bring memories and have people glancing at as time goes on. The sad part is the rocks will move constantly making the words turn to dust and no markings of the twig I used against the ground will be there anymore.

I secretly wished I could live forever to see what the future held but at the same time wanted to die. Humans have these thoughts behind their mind like a shadow hovering over them.

Lately I had the thought of dying but didn't bring it up in my clouded up world. I knew myself better than anyone because my thoughts can overtime and get darker when I dwell on the thought for too long.

I haven't felt safe and secure to talk someone since my parents died. The weird sensation of being read by a person who can tell somethings wrong by just looking at you feels eerie.

The way they don't push you to explain but instead help with small simple advice and even doing activities to clear the mind.

Their presence, The aura, and their soul make me calm have an empty mind and have peace. I was used to being by myself helping people out throughput the village as I slew demons.

No one would be concerned about if I was ok or if I was in a state of mind.

Tengen Uzui since he made me his student, I have started to see a different perspective and it felt nice but also made me uncomfortable because I was used to not being able to settle down and clear my mind.

He read me so well, even if the times he couldn't he could tell something was wrong. This was a weird side i haven't had before.

I blinked out of my thoughts when i heard foot steps come to me. I looked up to see uzui and mitsuri standing there.

"let's go get some sakura mochi with mitsuri. Take a break from training and let your wrist rest" uzui says to me.

Mitsuri peaked from the side of him and smiled at me.

My gosh shes so pretty......

"ya, sure i would love to" i say before carefully standing up. I felt my muscle cry out and burn a bit.

Uzui looked at me as i try to hide my wincing. Though, it didnt last long as he just casually picked me up and carried me.

" Um... You know i can still walk" i say to him as mitsuri looked at me being carried giggling a bit.