Chapter 8: Snowflake

The months of training with mitsuri, rengoku and tengen was ruff but I saw my improvements quickly as my body was now conditioned and flexible.

I still didn't know about me creating my own breathing. I wasn't sure of myself right now so I focused on enhancing my senses but the main focus was listening.

I was in Tengens estate from early chilly morning today. The clouds were light but covered the sky like paint with no movement.

I was meditating on the hard wooden floor after I ate breakfast to clear out the thoughts I had.

I could hear part of the wind shift a bit and then stop. I opened my eyes before slowly standing up from my sitting position.

I slid open the door before seeing the grey white sky.

"Looks like it's going to turn winter any minute" I mumbled to myself.

I never realized how long I've been here for awhile now. I have been training with Tengen for 5 months maybe but it's hard to keep track when you end up bonding with him and the two other hashiras.

I pulled up my haori that was slipping off me to cover over my uniform for extra warmth since the air was a bit chilly.

I sat down the stairs case looming out where I could see the insect pillar walk towards the gate to leave for a mission.

This.. this was peaceful to me being here then being where I was before meeting uzui was kind of overwhelming and made me feel sick all around.

Past 1: Mothers first and final lesson.....

I was about 8 or 9years old when my dad went out of the village leaving me and my mother at the house.

He left to send supplies for his friend at the other village a day away from us.

I was playing in the Mudd pretending I was fighting as mother had some well sorted leaves next to her.

I slipped and fell from the slick quick sand I was playing in. I squinted my eyes as to make sure no dirt was in my eye.

I heard my mom's gentle chuckle from behind me before getting up and coming over to help me up right again.

"Here, let me help you, you little squirt" she laughs gently holding onto my hand putting me up right again.

I looked at her with a smile on my face as she look to see dirt on my cheek and forehead.

She pulled out a small cloth to wipe the dirt off my skin.

"How about I teach you how to read signs of nature sweets. It'll help you whenever you're old enough to leave and work for the demon corps you've been talking about." She said holding my face with her hands.

My mother didn't really share much stuff about herself during the time. I didn't know why nor did my dad bother telling me why.

I was curious about some stuff, about my mom but I just let it be unfortunately.

I just accepted it but I was curious still why she didn't intend to share them. Maybe it was because people may judge her for it or something.

My mother set me on her lap and picked up a freshly leaf that was vivid green and showed how healthy it was. Then she grabbed the dead leaf with her over hand as her body hugged me on my back.

I felt my mom's arm hold me close to her as she grabbed two leaves that were left beside her.

I watched her right hand come towards me and show me the leaf. The leaf was green, a bright vivid color and smelled like the fresh sakura blossom tree that comes out during this time of the year.