Chapter 7: Flame Hashira

"Um, hello flame hashira" I greeted nervously as I gulped down my Salvia. He was smiling brightly as me with his hands on his hips.

"No need to get nervous, and the names kyojuro rengoku" he beamed at me.

His energy and high spirits reminds me of uzui but less of the Flashy act.

I scanned him for a minute  before relieving the tension on my body.

"I see, I'm sure Tengen told you about me judging on how he said I was going to be training with a different  hashira today while he's on a couple day mission" I rambled out.

Rengoku smiled and chuckles at me.

"Why yes he did! He says you have great potential. He even told the rest of the hashira as well cause he couldn't contain himself." Rengoku spoke.

I blinked at that sentence, I was very surprised  he decided  to put me have a reputation  now.

"Mitsuri wouldn't stop worrying about you overworking yourself on your training but it seems you're doing just fine" rengoku says.

I smile at him, first impression  of the flame hashira was nice. He had very high spirits for a demon slayer. I could tell he had amazing courage and a tender heart.

Mitsuri had a kind heart, it surprises me that there are people who have such a gentle heart slay demons but that doesn't mean they  arent capable of doing so.

"What does Tengen want me to work on today" I asked Rengoku putting my arms in the sleeves of my haori.

"Well, I think we need to work on you're ability to focus like he said. This will allow you the ability to hear clearly with a clear mind.  After that I want to test your skills to see if tengen was right" rengoku says with determination.

" Alright let's do it" I spoke out.

Rengoku lead the way from the estate towards the training area that had bamboo trees.

I saw the sky be covered by regular trees seeping through the leaves.  I watched rengoku stop at a perfect training spot.

"Alright now sit on that rock behind you, I'll will keep watch and make sure you're focusing." Rengoku instructs me.

I nodded before jumping onto the rock and then sitting on top of it with my legs crossed. I made sure my body was calm and comfortable.

My muscles twitched a bit with the contact of the warm rock that has been sun bathing in the bright sun.  My eye lids gently closed shut as I rest my hands on either side of my leg.

I felt rengoku's presence there even though it was quiet.  I can feel the light shadow of his figure on me... well it's just a feeling.

"Forcus on your hearing, erase other distractions from your mind and senses. When you can do that then start add the rest of your 4 senses" rengokus voice spoke out through the silence.

My eyebrows furrowed a bit as I try to focus a bit on the sounds around me.

It was quite difficult  especially  when my skin can feel the breeze. The smell was fresh air with the the scent of the trees.

I slowed my breathing every exhale I did from my lungs. I would mentally aim the direction of a sound I heard when I slowly focused more and more.

The sound of the leaves rubbing on each other from the leaves came from my left side.
The leaves to the tree felt like I was at the tip of the branch

I heard a slide from the ground that rubbed off the pebbles of the dirt. It was rengoku for sure I could tell.

"That's it, focus on every sound, every chrip, every movement in your surroundings including my voice. This will help enhance your senses as well." Rengokus voice was deep but I could tell he was smiling due to the tone of the way he was speaking.