Chapter 9: Memorable Moment

The snow came dancing down after the first snowflake touched the ground. The leaves of the trees have left them, leaving them bare.

The ground was already covered with a thin layer of snow. The possibility  of there being a snow store is high.

I was sitting on the stair case watching the snow fall and the endless color of grey and white that has painted the sky.

"Nice day for winter" a voice spoke as I lowered my head from staring at the sky for too long making Me a bit dizzy.

I then turned my head to the left to see the insect hashira, Shinobu.

"Ah hello," I said softly, I was still recovering from the memories that have been seeping through my mind as I watched the weather change drastically.

"You must be The sound hashira  Tsuguko, my I must say I saw some of your training. You look amazing" she smiled as she walked towards me, her hand gesturing to sit down next to me as I decided to scoot over a bit so she can sir.

"Really? I didn't know some of the other hashira were watching" I spoke nearly stuttering as the words came out of my mouth. The insect hashira made me a bit more nervous then the others, probably cause her smile can hide any emotion left behind them.

"That's because you close off everything surrounding and only focus on what you are doing." Shinobu says putting her hands in her lap, Her head turned to me "Your sword skills... I heard you learned them from your father correct"

I cursed mentally, Uzui couldn't keep his mouth shut while complimenting me. Sometimes I'm sure he does it on purpose.

"Ya, he trained me before the final selection test," I said seeing her head nod as she turned to face the falling snow.

"I see, I must say it's very clean and efficient, reminds me of the samurai fighting  style from books." Shinobu thought about it as her hand rested under her chin.

I blinked for a moment thinking about what my father said when he was training me at the time.

" Well, I remember hearing my grandfather was a samurai... so it probably has some relation" I spoke out through the soft quiet aroma.

"Yes there is a possibility, either that or your learning skills are just amazing to see. You only need to see it once and you can start practicing the movement" Shinobu smiles turning her head to face me.

"Not alot of people have the ability  to learn quickly like that so it can be an advantage"

I thought for a moment, I did learn visually so it would make sense but, making the technique effective and doing alot of damage is another thing.

"Do you have a tsuguko by any chance?" I asked.

"Yes I do, I took her in even before I became a hashira" Shinobu spoke.