Chapter 1

Valeria Van Wegberg was pissed.

She was never late, but the morning traffic in New York City was slower than ever. It was 8 am and people were still hurrying to their workplace, leaving Valeria waiting in her rose gold Bentley for one hour now.

Sitting in one place was never her strength. Being an architect at Lewison Construction Company, she would usually get in and out of New York's most elite places ready to remodel them, but today was different.

Her father sent her out the city to evaluate a suburban trailer park, where he wanted to build a five-star Wegberg hotel for his wife as their 40th wedding anniversary was slowly approaching.

She needed to delete one of her early morning meetings just so she can rot in her car for more than one hour now.

"Guess who could've met up with them during this 1 hour?" She was annoyingly sipping at her hot americano latte with almond milk. She hated when her time got wasted.

The light turned green, and Valeria stepped on the gas making the car hum to life only to brake when she got a red.

"Godverdomme." She was one corner away from entering the highway leading her out the city. She was seriously getting annoyed cursing in Dutch.

Her 700$ Dior sunglasses were constantly sliding of her nose showing off her dark circles, while she waited at the red light.

She loved women and sex. Yesterday she got both, getting only a three-hour sleep. Thinking back, she could feel a smirk forming on her lips. She never thought an orgy can be that fun.

Yellow replaced red and not even waiting for the green she overtook the car standing in front of her receiving honks from everywhere.

"Suck my dick, idiots." She sped away not even looking back. She didn't have time to fuck around.

~*~

"Valeria Van Wegberg." She shook the butch woman's hand who appeared right after she stepped out of her car. She was shorter than the blonde woman, wearing only a stained sleeveless shirt and a worn-out jean, which made Valeria shudder in disgust. She would definitely sanitize her hands once she gets back to her car.

"Blair Anderson, we talked yesterday." The woman in her fifties had a deep raspy voice thanks to smoking a pack daily.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Anderson. So, you own this park, right?" looking around she could see little kids running around half naked while their mothers chatted on their porches in the summer heat.

"Correct."

"I would like to take a look before I say a price if you don't mind."

"Of course. Follow me." Pulling out her thick notebook she followed the woman from a safe distance as she was reeking of beer and sweat.

The first problem she noticed was the ground. The soil was too loose, making her short heels almost disappear in the mud. From the distance people were making bets about how long the newcomer is going to last and leave this hellhole, but the rich and snobbish woman vanished, changing places with the businesswoman she was raised to be.

"We count sixty-five trailers, twelve public toilets and five washrooms in our park." Seeing the confused look on the woman's face she explained. "Not everyone has running water in their home."

'Great'

"There is a forest at the end with a small lake which is still part of the property." Valeria wrote down every small detail she heard and saw.

Walking in the narrow space between the trailers, all of them were dirty and old, filling the woman's stomach with nausea.

"How much do you charge for one month if I am not indiscreet."