Chapter 20

"I think this will be the one." Abigail made a twirl in front of her mother, her skirt making a gentle breeze. The burgundy red material touched her bare leg, as she stopped. She had a white blouse tucked in her waistband and a matching red blazer was hanging from her shoulder.

"Let me see your hair." Erica eyed the dark brown curls hanging down her daughter's back. "I tried to straighten them, but you know my hair..." Abigail chuckled motioning at her lion mane.

"Come here." her mother asked gently, pointing next to her on the couch. The girl obeyed, walking carefully toward the older woman in her high heels.

As she sat down, her mother grabbed her hair and started to brush through it, while holding a small oil bottle. When she was satisfied, she twisted the hair she was holding, making an elegant bun within a minute. "Hairpins?"

Abigail stretched her arm backwards, so her mom could reach them. "There you go, much better!" Erica let go, clapping her hands excited. "Where are your pearl earrings?"

The girl stood up quickly, knowing that she only had a couple of minutes left until Valeria's arrival. "I put them somewhere here." Abigail rummaged through her small wardrobe, looking for the jewelry box she hid there a few years ago.

"Got you!" Grabbing the small wooden box, she stood on her tiptoes as she couldn't reach it even with her heels on.

Turning around victoriously, she could hear an engine going off in the distance. "Fuck." fumbling with the box in her hands, she quickly tried to grab the earrings, with no luck. "Where is the other one?" she asked in shock, only seeing one earring.

"Abby, it had just fallen out!" Erica looked down, searching for the milky white pearl. "There!" she said the same time Abigail bent down, snatching it from the ground and plugging it in her ears quickly.

Turning towards her mother, she asked in a hurry while holding her white purse, ready to go. "Do I look good?"

"Of course, darling! Have a nice time!" she patted her hands. "Be home by 9 pm!" Erica yelled after her.

"I am 20, mom!" Abigail yelled, not even looking back, closing the door on her grinning mother.

Walking briskly to the park entrance, the familiar car rolled forward meeting her midway. But before she could've grabbed the doorhandle, the window on the passenger side rolled down slowly.

"How much?" Valeria asked cheekily, checking out the girl from above her sunglasses.

"You could never afford me, honey." Abigail crossed her arms, playing along with the woman, her skirt slightly riding up, as a slight breeze came her way.

"Try me." Valeria couldn't take her eyes off the bronze-colored thighs.

"Well." Abigail walked closer on her high heels, leaning against the car, her elbows sitting comfortably on the windowsill. "First, I want to have a fancy dinner because I am hungry. Secondly, a nice chat partner, who will make me laugh all night while lightly flirting with me. Thirdly, no sex."

"I think I can manage that." the older woman opened the door for her from the inside. "You look gorgeous." she complimented the girl as she sat in down in the comfy leather seat.

Hearing what Valeria had just said, made Abigail blush, turning her face away from the woman, which obviously didn't go unnoticed by her.

"Do I get a kiss?" the woman asked.

"No, we are starting over. And right now, I don't know you." Abigail said, while trying to hold back her smile. She loved teasing the woman.

"You shouldn't ride with random strangers then... Some of them might have ill intentions..." she winked at the girl her eyes traveling down her bare legs.