girl trouble?

[shinya pov]

alright a few things to note (yes this chapter will have a shinya and kureto brotherly bonding and also will mention aoi a lot)

i'm not going through the details but i don't exactly ship kureto and aoi. it's a cute ship, yeah, but i have mixed feelings about this.

however, i am not going to use my opinion the manipulate this chapter. i will not say kureto x aoi is canon in this fanfic (though i guess i'm leaning towards it? idk), but i will not say it isn't canon either. it's free for interpretation and i'd love to hear your opinions ig

so onto the chapter now

The reason Tenri called us was stupid.

We spent thirty minutes driving from school to Guren's house, spent about five minutes doing things, and then we had to go again. And it took an hour to get home.

Plus the ride to the house was awkward. We had to take a taxi and the taxi driver insisted on playing Katy Perry songs the whole way.

(not implying that katy perry songs are bad, btw. i've never really listened to them, just had to pick a random artist. the taxi driver is a definite katy perry fan though, i think i will probably mention him a few other times just because)

At home, I wondered whether to just lock myself in my room, procrastinate, refuse to eat dinner, and blast loud music to annoy Seishiro.

However, when I was walking to my room, I noticed that Kureto was looking a little deflated. Glum, I dare say.

oh yes random note but i realized that i sometimes switch between writing in past tense and present tense?? im too lazy to correct those mistakes right now so sorry if the whole fanfic feels a little weird haha

I slowed down my pace to match his, "What's wrong, brother dearest?" 

Kureto glares at me, "I'm fine, Shinya."

I blink innocently, plastering on my most trustworthy-looking face, "You can tell me anything, my buddy my bro."

Kureto hesitates. I think he's considering my offer! He's never done that before. Am I feeling some kind brotherly connection with my love-deprived foster brother?

That's a first.

Sighing, he grabs me by my wrist (ouch) and drags me to his room.

"I feel unsafe," I say as I stumble on the carpeted floor.

"Shut up."

When we're safely in his room, Kureto sighs and falls onto the bed.

"Pray tell, brother," I sit on the floor, "what is on your mind?"

Kureto stares up at the ceiling for a minute, creating an unwanted tense and awkward atmosphere.

He ends up saying, "Don't laugh, okay?"

"Now I'm intrigued."

"Promise."

"Cross my heart and hope to die," I say.

Kureto sits up and runs a hand through his short hair, "Just... It's Aoi."

"Girl trouble?"

"... I wouldn't call it that."

I think back to what Mahiru said earlier in the day.

"Aoi Sangu and Kureto had a falling out and they've been put together in a group. No one knows what they argued about but they're both being extra salty to each other."