Chapter Five

Once I finished my essay, I logged onto Genshin to fact check what Kazuha said about him deleting himself from the game. Once was able to play, I went to my team. There I had Beidou, Kokomi, and Noelle. Something that put me off was that there was an empty slot in the team. I went to the load out, and I saw that the place where I had Kazuha was filled up by static and glitches.

"Well this is weird," I murmured as I went to the character archive.

Once I was there, I scrolled through the list of characters. Everyone was there excluding Kazuha. I looked at all of the other Inazuma characters, and they all were still there. This is getting really weird.

I heard shuffling in my bed, so in response I looked back. I saw Kazuha turning in his sleep with a pained expression on his face. I logged out of Genshin then went to his side. Should I wake him up? Or should I just let him be?

"Kazuha," I said as I put my hand on his shoulder. "C'mon, wake up."

I stayed silent for a minute.

"Kazuha," I said once again.

He woke up right after I called out his name. I put my hand in my lap as I sat down on the bed. I took a deep breath, then examined the look on Kazuhas face. He looked sad, angry, and miserable.

"Is something the matter?" I asked as I looked down on the bed sheets.

"It's nothing," Kazuha breathed out as he put a hand on his forehead.

"Are you sure? It doesn't seem like it's nothing."

The man stayed silent for a minute.

"It's about Tomo," Kazuha said with a shaky breath.

I put my hand on his shoulder for some type of comfort.

"Ever since that day, I've developed PTSD. I'm sure you can understand."

I nodded.

"Why did he have to challenge the Raiden Shogun? He knew he would fail," Kazuha said as he started to shake.

Don't you love how we're getting into heavy subjects within the first day of meeting each other.

I wrapped my arms around Kazuha. "You said you've gotten over his death, so where is this coming from?"

"I don't know."

...

The two of us stayed silent once again. I don't know how to comfort people all that well, so this is mildly stressing me out.

"I'm feeling better now," Kazuha said as he pulled away from the hug. "Thank you."

"Yeah sure, of course," I said as I got up from the bed. "I finished my schoolwork, so I'm going to play Drakengard Three. Is that okay with you?"

"Yeah," he said bluntly.

"Do you want to watch or...." I trailed off.

"Sure," he said bluntly once again.

I went into my closet and pulled out my old Playstation Three. I then pulled out the game from a bookshelf, then made my way towards my gaming pc. I set up the console first, then popped in the game disk once I was able to let the console go to the home screen.

"What is this story about?" Kazuha asked as I got to the title screen.

"A sister trying to kill all of her other sisters to save the world," I said quickly while trying to hold in a laugh.

"Whaaa," Kazuha trailed off with a confused look.

"Square Enix is a weird company man," I said with a shrug.

Once I opened up a new save file, I started to play the game. The opening cutscene showed the protagonist, Zero, killing a whole army with her Dragon Mikhail. Then once that cutscene played. I was able to control Zero.

I ran towards the destination too get to the first boss fight. We had to fight her other five sisters. Once I dealt enough damage, Mikhail fired a huge fireball at the five sisters. The sisters used their power of their song to make a shield. Then One, the first of Zeros sisters, got her dragon to fire another fireball. While in this cutscene, Zero loses her left arm.

"I would have never thought that you were into this kind of game genre," Kazuha said after I completed the first mission.

"I'm really big on JRPGs. They have amazing soundtracks along with a good story," I explained. "Plus they are my whole childhood."

"I have a question about the game."

"Fire away," I said with a smile.

"Why were the sisters singing to make a shield. Like what does it have to do with anything?" He asked. I chuckled then explained it.

"Basically, Zeros five sisters are a god type of thing called an Intoner. These Intoners rule over the world. But because of these Intoners, there is a thing called a flower. This flower wants to destroy mankind. The flower basically made the Intoners, so Zero realized that she has to kill her sisters along with herself to save humanity," I said.

"What the hell?"

"Yeah I get that a lot," I said before looking back at the screen. "When it comes to video games, I also like very weird and depressing ones."

"That's concerning," Kazuha said with a chuckle.

After an hour, I reached a save point and exited out of the game. While I was playing Drakengard Three, Kazuha would ask the occasional question along with asking to play for a little bit. To my surprise, he was quite good at it. 

Once I put the controller down, Kazuha jumped onto me once again. He shoved his face right in my chest and made a huge grin.

"Seriously."

"I missed this," he said.

"This is the second time today," I said with a laugh.

I wrapped my arms around him and looked up on the ceiling. It was nice to get attention like this. I haven't really gotten stuff like this ever since Kiara. She would always cuddle with the homies. But ever since her death, I haven't even hugged someone. I tried to distance myself so I wouldn't get attached again, but here we are.