Chapter Fourteen

"Hey are you awake?" I asked Kazuha in a low whisper.

"Yes I indeed am. Is something wrong?"

"No, I just wanna put Sayu to bed and clean up the place."

The living room was not that bad but I'd still like it to be picked up. The plates without food were scattered in front of us and the one plate that still had a sandwich on it needed to be put in the fridge. There were also blankets all over the place.

"I can clean up while you tuck her in," Kazuha offered with a warm smile. "It won't be long."

"Thank you, Kazuha. You're too kind," I said as I picked up Sayu from beside me.

I shifted her so I could hold her on my hip. I headed upstairs holding onto the young ninja extremely tightly since I didn't want to drop her. I don't want to drop her she's too nice for me to do that. Though I cant say the same about a certain little shit next door..

   I walked into the guest bedroom and set Sayu down on the bed. I made sure that the blankets were well over her before I wondered out of the room. I closed the door and went back downstairs to see if Kazuha needed any help.

   Kazuha was just folding the blankets as I walked down the stairs.

   "Sayus sleeping soundly," I said contently.

   "That's good to hear," he said with a soft smile. "It's about time you go to bed too."

   "What are you, my mother? It's not even that late yet I'm not ready to go to bed."

   I'm now just realizing I'm sounding like a child.

   Fantastic.

   "Well you're sure acting like you need a mother figure right now. You need your beauty sleep so I can see you happy. I know without sleep you tend to be a little.. grouchy."

   "Right where it hurts, huh." I rolled my eyes. "Anyways what do you wanna do now? I normally just go on social media until ungodly hours while fighting the urge to just straight up cry."

   "Are you okay?" Kazuha asked with concern.

   "Kazu some many things just randomly happened within the past week and it's been giving me anxiety and a lot of stress, so do I look okay?"

   ...

   Silence.

   "Did you just call me Kazu?"

   ...

   Silence again.

   "....Maybe?"

   Kazuha went right to my side and gave me a kiss on my cheek. "I love the nickname! Please call me that more!" He said as he grabbed my arm and looked up at me. I could practically see the hearts in his eyes. Yuno Gasai much?

"Please get off of me," I muttered.

"But (Y/n)," he said as he looked up at me with puppy eyes.

"You're acting out of character again."

"No Im not. I'm just showing a side of me that you haven't seen yet! You should be honored to see such a thing!"

I sighed.

"Okay fine you can stay on my arm." I gave up on trying to reason with him because the many times I've tried to do it he just acts more like.. whatever the fuck he's acting like. "Let's just watch more Studio Ghibli movies while you cuddle up by me. I have nothing to loose at this point. Just get off of me while I pick out another movie."

   "Will do," Kazuha said as he took his arms off of me.

   I walked over to the Blu Ray player and ejected the movie we just watched. I put it in its case (what do you genuinely call that), then I put it in the bookshelf full of movies.

   I skimmed the selection of other Studio Ghibli movies I have. On one hand I wanted to watch Kiki's Delivery Service but on the other I want to watch Howls Moving Castle. In the end I picked out Howls Moving Castle because the soundtrack in that movie is absolutely beautiful.

   I wandered back over to the Blu Ray player and put the disc in. Then I walked back over to the couch and sat down right next to Kazuha, like I do these days.

   I picked up the remote and pressed play so Howls Moving Castle could play. Once I adjusted the volume, I put down the remote. Almost immediately Kazuha latched onto my arm. He then leaned his head on my shoulder and nuzzled into it.

   I never thought that the one person that blocked the Musou no Hitotachi could act like this. This man literally blocked a blow from a really powerful Archon. Let that sink in, a fucking Archon. The power of friendship saved Aether I guess. It's funny because Tomo is dead- yeah no I shouldn't go there because Kazuha is literally right here.

   "I really like the soundtrack to this movie. It used to put me to sleep when I was younger," I started with. I don't quite know where I was going with this. "I remember I used to need music for me to fall asleep so my parents would play this for me. I especially like the main theme"

   "You really know your music," Kazuha hummed. "That's probably another reason why I fell in love with you."

   "I have no words," I said as I laid back on the couch. Kazuha adjusted and held onto my arm a little tighter.

   "Hey, (Y/n)?"

   "Hm?"

   "Can you promise me something?"

   "Of course."

   "Please promise me you won't leave me.."

   "I promise, Kazu."

   ~~~

a/n: HIHIHIHI ITS BEEN LIKE TWO MONTHS IM SO SORRY

i got back into nier again so i finished the whole first storyline of nier reincarnation and it made me die so much inside 💀

ANYWAYSHSSHBDIS

THANK YOU @rychovill_saku FOR THE FANART ILY SM ITS SO AMAZING 😭😭

i have no words to express how happy i am that you made this <333